Director of Outreach (Enrollment)
About Calumet College of St. Joseph:
Calumet College of St. Joseph is a Catholic institution of higher learning dedicated to the academic, spiritual and ethical development of undergraduate and graduate students. Informed by the values of its founding religious community, the Missionaries of the Precious Blood (C.PP.S.), the College promotes the inherent dignity of all people, social justice, an ethic of service, student empowerment, opportunity, and lifelong learning. Located minutes from downtown Chicago and blocks from Lake Michigan, we offer a vibrant, affordable education in a stimulating learning environment. As the first recognized Hispanic-Serving college in Indiana, CCSJ has a tradition of embracing and celebrating diversity. For more information about the university and the department, visit us at https://www.ccsj.edu.
The position of Director of Outreach reports to the SVP for Enrollment, Marketing and Athletics. This position will provide leadership and support in advancing the University's branding, recruitment, and enrollment goals. The candidate will strategize and execute outreach, marketing and communication for undergraduate, graduate and non-traditional programs. This position will coordinate with members of the enrollment department to drive recruitment efforts by supporting inquiry and application generating activities and conversion of the application funnel. The successful candidate will also partner with faculty to promote various majors and academic initiatives. The Director will coordinate with the Director of Communications in an effort to maximize brand value and position the college for growth.
- Embedded within Enrollment Management (EM), the Director participates in the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans and projects that achieve enrollment objectives with key target audiences and constituent groups
- Serve as the primary administrator of Enrollment Management communications and marketing strategy
- Produce, edit, and approve traditional and digital communications and marketing products that support EM activities and programs and engage identified target audiences
- Review, manage, and approve EM content across traditional and digital channels with content providers and edit/track for consistency, accuracy, and timeliness
- Assure the integrity, high-quality, and consistency of the university's image, tone, style, narrative, visual identity, and brand
- Partner with SVP to manage and reconcile EM marketing and communications budgets, working closely with colleagues to allocate funds toward recruitment and integrated marketing activities
- Manage and implement interdependent short-, medium-, and long-term marketing and communications projects that support and achieve Enrollment Management goals and priorities
- Coordinate and collaborate with faculty and staff to incorporate enrollment objectives into broader communications and marketing activities, talking points, presentations, reports, social media efforts, and other channels
- The incumbent cultivates and stewards relationships with key stakeholders to inspire a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation as part of a broader, synchronized, multi-disciplinary team of communications and marketing professionals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience working in marketing, communications, design or other similar experience
- Excellent interpersonal and public communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in or with a higher education environment
- Cover Letter
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.