Assistant Professor of Public Health
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Public Health
TITLE: Assistant/Associate, Tenure Track
STARTING DATE: August 2024
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins November 10th and continues until the position is filled.
Successful candidates will provide evidence of the following qualifications:
- Doctorate or ABD in Public Health or related disciplines
- Potential for successful and innovative college-level teaching
- Ability to supervise field experiences and/or internships, and maintain relationships with community partners
- Commitment to inclusive communities
- Experience supervising field experiences and/or internships, and maintaining relationships with community partners
- Potential for collaborative student-faculty research
- Experience with advising and/or mentoring undergraduate students
- Experience with and willingness to support global public health opportunities for students
- Leadership experience
Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to support the College’s mission and contribute to the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will fulfill the duties of tenure track faculty to include:
- Teach courses in Public Health and the general education curriculum
- Coordinate the Public Health major, including supervision of student field experiences and internships and advising students in the major
- Contribute to student recruitment activities
- Collaborate with students on research projects
Send resume/curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, contact information for three current references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College. In the application letter, please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students. This information should be submitted electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu or by regular mail to: Jamie Hollaway, Director of Human Resources, Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677-1003. For specific inquiries contact Stephanie Toering Peters, Chair of the search committee (email@example.com). For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu, and specifically about Public Health, seehttps://www.wartburg.edu/public-health. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists.