Assistant Professor of Biology- Ecology
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Biology- Ecology
TITLE: Assistant, Tenure Track
START DATE: August 2024
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins November 10th and continues until the position is filled.
Successful candidates will provide evidence of the following qualifications:
- PhD or ABD in Biology, Ecology, or related disciplines
- Potential for successful and innovative college-level teaching
- Plans for collaborative student-faculty research
- Commitment to inclusive communitiesPreferred
- Experience teaching college-level Ecology, Environmental Science and/or Introductory Biology
- Experience with academic advising and/or mentoring undergraduate students
- Expertise that complements current faculty Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to support the College’s mission and contribute to the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will fulfill the duties of tenure track faculty including:
- teaching Ecology courses, contributing to team-taught introductory biology courses, and teaching courses within the general education plan
- conducting collaborative student-faculty research
- academic advising for students within the department
- service to the college
Send resume/curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, contact information for three current references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College. In the application letter, please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students. This information should be submitted electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu or by regular mail to: Jamie Hollaway, Director of Human Resources, Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677-1003. For specific inquiries contact David McCullough, Chair of the search committee(David.firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu, and specifically about Biology, see https://www.wartburg.edu/biology.