Full Time Faculty - Math - Associate Professor (Online/Remote)
Full-time faculty members are first and foremost teachers and play a key role within a school as course leads. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They provide the resources for a quality learning experience for students by ensuring coherence in the discipline, rigor in the content, and relevance and currency to the practice. Full-time faculty members/course leads contribute to a range of activities that support student learning outcomes, program quality, and discipline integrity, all of which focus on student learning and retention. They work with other departments including instructional design, library and course materials, and marketing.
When Appyling: Please upload unoffical transcripts, Doctoral and Master's.
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact, and moderate online classroom to support student engagement.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy, providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills and effective online learning strategies.
- Collaborate with other faculty members or Department Chairs to ensure program, course continuity, currency, relevance, and curriculum intent.
- Ensure APUS instructional standards and policies are developed and maintained in course design to align with accreditation, certification, or other requirements.
- Conduct scholarly research activity, keep current in one’s own field by reading current literature, engaging with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Attend school and discipline meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Work Requirements:
All APUS faculty are required to complete the “Engaging the First‐Year Student Certification” course (APUS110), offered through the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). It must be completed within six months of the hire date. In addition, Graduate Faculty must complete the Graduate Faculty Certification (APUS501) within 90 days of hire.
Specific requirements related to your Graduate / Undergraduate Faculty designation, duties, and performance expectations are outlined on the Course Assignments issued with respect to each course to be taught. You agree to comply with and be bound by all policies with respect to work product and intellectual property rights set forth in the APUS Faculty Handbook, the APUS Employee Handbook, the APEI Employee Handbook, and applicable Course Assignments.
You will be expected to perform your duties in a remote, professional working environment of your choice. APUS assumes no responsibility for injuries occurring in your selected workspace or damages related to your real or personal property resulting from your employment with APUS.
- Doctoral degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Five or more years of teaching experience is required.
- Three or more years of college-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience with course development is preferred.
Areas of Expertise:
- General Education Math
- Data Science
- Computer Science
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-time faculty are salaried employees.
- Information regarding our faculty benefits may be found here: https://www.apus.edu/about/careers/faculty.
Please Note: Full-time faculty members and department chairs are to consider APUS their primary employer. Full-time salaried faculty and department chairs may not be full-time employees of any university, school, college, or institution of higher education outside of APUS; this includes administrative, staff, and teaching positions.
*Please Note: Applicants selected to proceed in the hiring process with conferred degrees from foreign institution(s) will require a course-by-course evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved agency. All charges associated with official transcripts and foreign transcript evaluations are the responsibility of the applicant and are not reimbursed by APUS.Bottom of Form
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation’s military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings. It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.