Marketing Specialist III - College of Medicine (Phoenix)
Posting Number: req18359
Department: COM Phx Campus Administration
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 475 N. 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix seeks a creative Marketing Specialist III to join the Marketing and Communications team. The Marketing Specialist will produce marketing materials to support strategic initiatives and promote the college to diverse audiences.
We are looking for a dynamic teammate who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and takes ownership of assigned projects. The successful candidate will be highly organized candidate with a keen eye for details, understands brand standards and ensures a high standard of quality, delivering a customer service-oriented attitude.
The Marketing Specialist III will be tasked with a variety of design and multimedia projects, ranging from digital communications to printed publications, promotional items, environmental branding to templates and sub-brand guides. They will be involved in the entire creative process-from concept to creation-taking projects from discovery and marketing research to management of printing, installation, or launch. This person will liaise with a variety of clients and have the opportunity to produce highly creative, imaginative materials that reflect and enhance the college's brand.
If you are equal parts graphic designer, creative director, and trend-setting influencer, then you are the team member we need. We are building diverse audiences on local and national levels. Bring a proactive work style with great communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects. The Marketing Specialist III reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications.
This person must have expertise in graphic design trends and specifications and rely on experience and good judgement to problem solve and overcome project obstacles. This role requires familiarity with applicable Adobe Creative Suite programs and experience with creating communications using email distribution systems. Ensuring the University of Arizona's brand standards and those of our clinical partners is essential.
This position works in person in the office on the Phoenix Bioscience Core campus. Standard business hours are typical, but some nights and weekends may be required to support the department's needs.
benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance
and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU
tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and
optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities;
The University of Arizona has been
recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about
working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit, talent.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create digital and print assets to support marketing and communications initiatives across platforms (including imagery for campaigns, events, advertising, promotions, email, social and web content).
- Educate members of the college and collaborators to ensure they understand and comply with brand standards in all communications.
- Develop marketing collateral in both physical and digital formats.
- Manage the college's CRM/email communication platform, training users and maximizing reach.
- Collect analytics on communications and campaigns; develop reports and recommend actions to improve performance.
- Build relationships with internal/external stakeholders to understand their needs. Create content and presentation that optimizes engagement.
- Contribute to strategy/content development/promotion for the college's strategic initiatives as a member of Marketing and Communications team.
- Collaborate in the design of multimedia assets; make editorial decisions based on design best practices regarding assembly of information, illustrations and content.
- Work with approved vendors to source/produce diverse projects. Request quotes, review and approve proofs, and ensure quality execution in a timely manner.
- Provide training on university brand standards, design principles and campaign design/measurement to internal stakeholders.
- Manage complex issues and be proactive in keeping up with and adopting best practices, methods or techniques in design and multimedia.
- Monitor purchases and balance budget for design projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Bachelor's degree in related field of study.
* Ability to work in an integrated marketing and communications team environment.
* Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, creativity and the ability to manage diverse, concurrent assignments required.
* Experience in a health related or education enterprise.
* Expertise across business and trade media as well as social networks, including Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
* Experience with multicultural media.
* Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and lead them in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,404 - $74,254
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.