Assistant Professor of Psychology
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Psychology
TITLE: Assistant, Tenure Track
STARTING DATE: August 2024
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins November 10th and continues until the position is filled.
Successful candidates will provide evidence of the following qualifications:
• PhD or ABD in Psychology
• Successful and innovative college-level teaching in psychology.
• The ability to engage undergraduates in research and practice activities.
• Promise of continued scholarly activity
• Commitment to inclusive communities
• PhD in Social Psychology (completed by September 1, 2024)
Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to support the College’s mission and contribute to the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will fulfill the duties of tenure track faculty to include:
- Primary teaching responsibilities: teach seven courses (3-3-1) in the academic year including Introduction to Psychology; Research Methods sequence; Social Psychology; Theories of Personality; Health Psychology; courses in the general education curriculum, and in the area of candidate’s specialization.
- The successful candidate will also mentor student research projects, advise program majors and minors, and engage in scholarship and service appropriate to the liberal arts setting.
- Contribute to student recruitment activities.
Submit a letter of application addressing qualifications and how your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College, updated curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three references(one that can comment upon teaching excellence or promise), and unofficial graduate transcripts. Please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students. This information should be submitted electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu or by regular mail to: Jamie Hollaway, Director of Human Resources, Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677-1003. For specific inquiries contact Dr. Shaheen Munir, Chair of the Social Sciences department (email@example.com). For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu, and specifically about psychology, see https://www.wartburg.edu/psychology.