Posting Number: req18327
Department: Research Compliance Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Office for Responsible Outside Interests (OROI) is in search of an Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support Assistant II). The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administrative and operational activities of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under general supervision.
The Office for Responsible Outside Interests' goal is to align outside interest and activities with UArizona's mission to disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, and public service in a way that ensures transparency, integrity, and public trust. OROI is responsible for ensuring conflicts of interest and commitment are mitigated and promoting objectivity in research. Appropriate relationships with private industry and the nonprofit sector further UArizona's mission to disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, and public service. However, these external activities may have the potential for a conflict when the activities, income, or other interests affect, or appear to affect, activities pursued or decisions made within the University.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to all clients (in person, by phone, by email).
- Types reports, emails, letters, notices, and announcements.
- Answers phone and takes messages.
- Transmits reports via email or mail.
- Maintains database by completing entries.
- Recommends changes to policy and procedures affecting assigned duties.
- Files completed case histories and reports.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendar.
- Set up meetings and arrange conference calls.
- Take minutes for all meetings.
- Newsletter coordinating and editing.
- Set up travel and lunch orders.
- Assist with processing travel arrangements.
- Participates in special projects with staff as directed.
- Responds verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or problems and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
as primary contact for assigned function with outside organizations or
other departments; responds to technical administrative questions and
ensures necessary follow up.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience and 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Experience with maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.15 - $22.69
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Taren Ellis Langford, email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.