Johnson County Community College
Other Education Faculty
Position, Department: CONNECT Instructor, Student Success & Engagement
Type of Position: Non-Credit Instructor,
Work Schedule: M, W, F 9am-9:50am
Pay Range: $30/contract hour.
Benefits Category: Partial benefits
Position Summary: CONNECT Instructors teach non-credit postsecondary adaptive behavior and transition seminars to students with intellectual or developmental disabilities. CONNECT is a two-year continuing education inclusive post-secondary certificate program.
Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree in education, special education, social work or related field
Six months experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities required
Ability to work with students with varying degrees of intellectual disability with minimal supervision required
Ability to use basic computer applications and technology, email and internet resources required
Organizational and time management skills required
Preferred Qualifications: Six months experience working with transition age or adults with intellectual disabilities preferred
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, and cover letter.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- DEVELOP CURRICULUM FOR ASSIGNED COURSES -This position is responsible for teaching the Transitions series of courses (Transitions I: Food, Nutrition and Daily Living (Fall semesters) and Transitions II: Improving Relationships (Spring semesters.) Instructors are responsible for utilizing the Canvas course management system, creating course syllabi and creating/sourcing curriculum for the courses they are assigned to teach.
- PROVIDE CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION - Using the principles of Universal Design for Learning, provide instruction for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Utilizes appropriate resources.
- EVALUATE STUDENT PROGRESS - Instructors prepare objectives and assignments for the class and provide P/NP grades at the end of the semester based on course rubrics created by the instructor.
- HOLD OFFICE HOURS- Instructors are required to hold weekly student office hours at a consistent time during each week that the course is in session.
- FULLFILL ALL JCCC EMPLOYEE REQUIREMENTS - Instructors must attend required meetings and orientations and fulfill annual training requirements of JCCC.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: JCCC provides equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals and is an affirmative action employer. JCCC does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, religion, marital status, parental status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered in its programs and activities, which includes employment and admissions, in accordance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, the Kansas Acts Against Discrimination and all other applicable civil rights and nondiscrimination laws.
Inquiries concerning JCCC's compliance with its nondiscrimination policies (including Title IX, Title VI and Section 504 inquiries) may be referred to a Title IX Coordinator (TitleIX@jccc.edu), or Director of Human Resources, or the Dean of Students and Learner Engagement at Johnson County Community College, 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210, 913-469-8500; or to Office for Civil Rights, Kansas City Office, U.S. Department of Education, One Petticoat Lane, 1010 Walnut Street, Suite 320, Kansas City, MO 64106, Telephone: 816-268-0550,Facsimile: 816-268-0559, Email to: OCR.KansasCity@ed.gov.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495577/connect-instructor