Patient Services Specialist
This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the clinic patient flow. Employees serve as primary contacts for patients and are responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position is responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies, and maintaining related information for the department. Employees may have cash-handling responsibilities.Campus
HSC - Permian Basin
Department: Pediatrics Ode General
- Provide excellent customer service to anyone that who calls or walks into the clinic.
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a courteous manner, and record messages for physicians and other personnel.
- Schedule patient appointments according to established policies and procedures.
- Obtain accurate information from patients and ensure all registration forms are complete and up to date.
- Collect payments and reconcile charges daily.
- Maintain files and records confidentially.
- Maintain organization and efficiency of the front office, including office supply inventory.
- Responsible for keeping the reception and patient waiting areas clean and organized.
- Participate in cross-training opportunities to help the front and back office wherever needed.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare team members and staff to identify needs for improvement and opportunities to increase office efficiencies as well as improve the patient experience.
- Will travel to another clinic to provide coverage when needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
A High School diploma or GED. 1-year customer service, Office, or related experience. Additional education may substitute for the experience requirement.Preferred Qualifications
Bilingual in English/SpanishPay Statement
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan website.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Pay Basis: Hourly
Pay Grade Minimum
Pay Grade Maximum
Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No