Posting Number: req18352
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
The Department of Urology invites applicants for the position of Executive Assistant to provide executive-level support to the Department of Urology Chair. This position will assist our department as we seek to advance the diagnostic and therapeutic options for treating the entire spectrum of urologic disease by focusing our Mission: To Innovate, To Cultivate, To Heal.
This critical position in our team provides administrative functions and assistance, which may include communicating with internal stakeholders such as department faculty and staff, communicating with external stakeholders, preparing documents and reports, compiling records, scheduling meetings, organizing and maintaining information, coordinating calendars, composing correspondence and other documents, and analyzing data.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and work under pressure to discretely handle a variety of activities and confidential matters.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, with majority of the work being performed in-office.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides executive support to the Department Chair including, but not limited to:
Providing expert and organized calendar management
- Prioritize and arrange meetings, conferences, and appointments for Department of Urology Chair.
- Coordinate and arrange travel itineraries for the Department Chair and other participants including booking hotels, flights, conference registration etc. and completing expense reimbursements.
- Proactively inform the Department Chair of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and any schedule conflicts.
Scheduling, coordinating, and preparing for meetings, presentations, interviews, and other department events
- Prepare agendas and detailed minutes for departmental faculty meetings in a timely manner.
- Provide logistical support to ensure smooth execution of in-person and online meetings.
- Coordinate and/or assist in planning and executing department events such as Fight Against Prostate Cancer golf benefit, graduation, Tucson Urological Society, Nurse Practitioner Appreciation, Drach
Visiting Professor, etc.
- Schedule interviews for faculty candidates.
- Coordinate recruitment itineraries and correspondence with faculty candidates.
Coordinating and monitoring department initiatives and communications
- Coordinate and/or assist in faculty promotion and tenure process, faculty award nomination paperwork, and compile faculty grant submission paperwork.
- Create and submit various requests and forms to University of Arizona Foundation, as needed.
- Create, edit, and/or coordinate informational materials (flyers, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations) for the purpose of community and strategic outreach.
- Enter and maintain UA Vitae comprehensive faculty activities and contributions for use in reporting for accreditation, academic program reviews, faculty
annual review, and yearly individual achievement.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate process required for proctorships, observerships, and guest lecturers.
- Create and maintain various contact spreadsheets (Arizona urologists, community business contacts, etc.)
Additional administrative tasks
- Serve as back-up for other Department of Urology support staff.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert calendar management skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and a high degree of reliability.
- Resourcefulness and resiliency in finding answers and solutions.
- Ability to triage and manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Professional and courteous interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at a variety of software, particularly Microsoft Products such as Teams, Office, and other Microsoft 365 programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience is required.
- One (1) year of relevant work experience required.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience within the University of Arizona in a similar or related role.
- Experience providing administrative support to C Suite executives.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $26.00 - $29.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Diana Lewis | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.