Housing Services Outreach Coordinator (Housing Coordinator)
Housing Services Outreach Coordinator (Housing Coordinator)
Search #: 497936
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Under the general direction of the Director of Housing Services, independently coordinates and helps carry out specialized services to students and families, related to housing assignments and special projects in the Department of Residential Life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the central coordination of one or more housing outreach functions for the general student population including special interest groups.
- Serve as the outreach liaison for multiple housing areas on campus to provide support for policy questions and room changes for students. Responsible for assisting in the managing of and maintaining residential occupancy data and administration of room assignment policies and procedures throughout the year for over 12,000 students.
- Serve as the outreach liaison for various specialty areas including but not limited to: Center for Students with Disabilities, Student Health and Wellness, Learning Communities, Greek organizations, Veteran’s Affairs, Gender Inclusive, Athletics, and Honors.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records and compile reports as needed or requested. Utilizes multiple computer programs for data entry, and compilation of detailed spreadsheets.
- Provide individual support and advice to students as needed concerning housing assignments. This may include one-on-one discussions with students about their personal situations and roommate related issues.
- Serve as primary contact for residence hall staff and campus partners in relation to room changes and housing needs for on-campus undergraduate students and graduate students, utilizing developmental principles, ensuring policies are applied consistently, and independently making exceptions to policies when appropriate.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, publications, goal development, assessment activities, training activities, and overall operation of the housing services unit.
- Independently compose, prepare, and edit correspondence and reports containing information that requires thorough knowledge and understanding of housing policies and procedures; and assist in generating and developing communications for students, parents, and the University community related to on-campus housing policies and procedures.
- Serve as the first contact to students and families in dealing with issues related to housing assignment concerns. Resolve these issues using sound judgment and creative decision making.
- Consult and collaborate with other University departments and offices as needed.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve complaints from students, parents, staff, and the public regarding policies and procedures related to housing assignments. Inform current and prospective students and parents of policies and procedures and represent the Department in communications. Send out mass communications to students on campus informing them of upcoming processes or policies that are in place.
- Process all administrative transactions in the housing software program related to room changes, selection processes, and assignment related tasks.
- Present housing information to residence hall students, potential students and their families, and other University staff including but not limited to Open House and Orientation.
- Assist with the periodic testing of housing application and selection processes and software upgrades.
- Serve as a member of committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two to three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and experience working with student populations.
- Experience managing complex and detailed projects/tasks.
- Experience with housing assignment software.
- Demonstrated sensitivity when working with diverse populations, including but not limited to, race, gender, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Master’s degree.
- Full-time post-BA experience in a higher education field.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497936 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 14, 2024.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
All members of the University of Connecticut are expected to exhibit appreciation of, and contribute to, an inclusive, respectful, and diverse environment for the University community.
The University of Connecticut aspires to create a community built on collaboration and belonging and has actively sought to create an inclusive culture within the workforce. The success of the University is dependent on the willingness of our diverse employee and student populations to share their rich perspectives and backgrounds in a respectful manner. This makes it essential for each member of our community to feel secure and welcomed and to thoroughly understand and believe that their ideas are respected by all. We strongly respect each individual employee’s unique experiences and perspectives and encourage all members of the community to do the same. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The University of Connecticut is an AA/EEO Employer.
Advertised: Oct 16 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jan 14 2024 Eastern Standard Time