Clinical Business Faculty - International/Strategic Management (req27625)
Employment Type: Faculty
ASM Department of Management (039C)
Anderson School of Management
Campus: Main - Albuquerque, NM
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The Department of Management at the Anderson School of Management is seeking to fill two positions of Clinical Business Faculty in International/Strategic Management to begin August 2024.
The Anderson School of Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and is one of the few programs in the world to attain both an Accounting and Business Accreditation from AACSB and national and world ranking in technology management. We offer Business degrees, BBA, MSCBA, MS-PM, MS-ETM and all MBA programs. With over 21,000 alumni, Anderson alums can be found having an impact in their communities all over the world. With a strength in diversity, equity and inclusion, programs, Anderson emphasizes collaborative student interaction, active adult learning, team experiences and scholarship that draw upon a variety of methodologies and subject areas.
New Mexico is an ethnically diverse state with a rich cultural heritage. The richness of our community is demonstrated both internally (http://www.unm.edu/welcome/) and within the city (https://advance.unm.edu/why-abq/) and state (https://www.newmexico.org/). The University of New Mexico seeks a diverse faculty who can contribute to the University's mission and values and continue to build the excellent research and teaching climate of Anderson School of Management through diversity. The Department of Management faculty support existing BBA, MS and MBA programs including those that focus on international and strategic management. Teaching responsibilities for this position include undergraduate and graduate courses in international/strategic management with interests in ethics and sustainability. Typical teaching load for Clinical Business Faculty is three classes per semester.
University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses. UNM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
The Department of Management is a small, cohesive group seeking colleagues who demonstrate a willingness to make a commitment to maintaining and building a strong international and strategic management area within The Robert O. Anderson School of Management.
For information about the Robert O. Anderson School of Management and the Department of Management faculty, see www.mgt.unm.edu.Qualifications
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree), or ABD by appointment/or application date with specialization in international management, strategic management or a closely related field
- Evidence of scholarship, or strong preparation for and promise of scholarship.
- Evidence of excellence or promise of achieving excellence in teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Evidence or promise of excellence in collaboration and collegiality in teaching, scholarship and service.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Interested candidates must submit:
- A cover letter indicating the candidate's interests, goals, and qualifications for the position, elaborating on any relevant areas of emphasis in teaching and research. Applicants that have not yet defended their PhD Dissertation will be asked to include an anticipated timeline for completion of their PhD.
- A complete and up-to-date curriculum vita,
- Transcripts of all graduate coursework (readable, unofficial copies will be accepted),
- Names and contact information of three to five professional references,
- Teaching/ Course Evaluations and corresponding syllabi,
- A Diversity Statement that addresses the following:
- How have you previously demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in an academic setting?
- Please describe an issue within the DEI discourse or any other DEI issue that you have worked on, have experience with, or that you believe is important to shared work.
- What strategic initiatives would you suggest to promote DEI within a department?
- Sample of one professional publication and/or presentation.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 1/15/2024. This position will remain open until filled.