Seton Hill University seeks applications for an Assistant Registrar. The start date for this position is January 1, 2024. Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh, Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world.”
The Assistant Registrar will provide support in the maintenance of academic records and the evaluation of academic credit. The incumbent will be expected to operate with precision and efficiency while delivering first-class customer service. This position reports to the Registrar.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate prospective students’ prior transcripts and other forms of credit for acceptance into a Seton Hill University degree program.
- Create and maintain transfer guides for students matriculating from 2-year institutions.
- Maintain and review articulation agreements held with other institutions in the area.
- Perform degree audit system maintenance and ensure accuracy of degree requirements in order to provide students a clear pathway to graduation.
- Serve as School Certifying Official (SCO) for certification of veteran student enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Fulfill transcript requests through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Maintain fluency and compliance with FERPA regulations, Seton Hill University policies, AACRAO best practices, and industry trends related to transfer and articulation.
- Assist members of the Registrar team with other duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience in a higher education setting.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and a very high attention to detail.
- Ability to create and maintain complex records and files.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple offices and individuals to solve problems.
- Impeccable customer service orientation.
- Eagerness to contribute to the Catholic, Setonian mission and identity of Seton Hill University.
Prior experience in a registrar or admissions office and familiarity with Jenzabar One or Jenzabar EX preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and a list of three (3) professional references.
The position is open until filled with the Search Committee reviewing no fewer than five (5) working days from posting.