Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach, Full-Time
The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of the Men's Lacrosse program. The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the academic mission of the College through athletics, and to teach student-athletes, explicitly and by example, leadership and values-based decision-making. The Assistant Coach provides management and oversight of the program in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Implements and maintains a standard of performance consistent with the College's goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promotes academic achievement among athletes. Consults with and works collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Athletic Director regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential. Assists Head Coach in determining appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation. Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to student-athletes.
- Conducts programs within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Centennial Conference, Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association, College Squash Association, Middle Atlantic Rowing Conference and the governing body of the sport. Supports, monitors and applies relevant rules and regulations developed by the Athletic Department Compliance Office, including the Code of Conduct and sportsmanship guidelines.
- Cooperates with Health Services and Athletic Trainers to assure injured athletes receive proper treatment. Understands that all medical decisions related to a student athlete's health and well being is the responsibility of the team physician and Certified Athletic Trainers and all final decisions regarding participation in practice and games lies with the medical staff. All known medical history related to injury or illness must be reported to the medical staff.
- Assists Head Coach with managing the program within budgetary guidelines to avoid exceeding budgetary limits. Submits all budget-related reports as required in a timely manner. Advises the Head Coach of resource needs, including funding needs and staffing needs. Assists Head Coach in formulating annual budget requests as necessary.
- Help assure facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and games/meets/matches. Report and monitor proper maintenance of equipment and practice and contest facilities to ensure safe playing conditions.
- Assists Head coach in developing and implementing recruiting strategies and programs to identify and attract promising athletes and provide prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential athletes.
- Participate in relevant training and professional development activities to enhance work-related skills and knowledge, including attending conferences as requested.
Learn more about Athletics.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of experience coaching Men's Lacrosse.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certification.
- Must pass the NCAA Division III Coaches Test.
- This position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- This position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. This link also outlines information regarding a mandatory training you must complete prior to working with minors. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors. Click HERE
- Bachelor's Degree
- More than 3 years of experience coaching Men's Lacrosse.
- Large Van certification within 90 days of hire.