Administrative Assistant, Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (VAES) and Center for Advanced Innovation in Agricult
The Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (VAES) and the Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture (CAIA) are seeking a highly organized and motivated Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director of VAES and will play a crucial role in organizing and coordinating regular administrative and programmatic efforts of VAES and CAIA. Exceptional time-management and customer service skills, confidentiality, and the ability to work with various offices on and off campus are required.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day administrative and programmatic efforts of VAES and CAIA. Key responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently completing a range of administrative tasks such as travel arrangements, financial management, scheduling, and providing support for meetings and events.
- Developing and implementing communication to engage stakeholders, increase awareness, and elevate the visibility of programs.
- Skillfully organizing and coordinating a variety of events, meetings, activities, and workshops to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with organizations and groups both within and outside of Virginia Tech, fostering productive partnerships and maximizing program impact.
- Provide back-up support (phones, mail sorting, etc.) for the Dean's suite when the need arises;
1. Have experience coordinating events or planning dynamic group activities.
2. Demonstrated good communication skills both verbally and written
3. Ability to work well with a team within and outside the organization.
4. Have strong examples of self-direction as well as capacity to work as part of a dynamic team.
5. Have skills and experience to manage diverse tasks and responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
1. Demonstrate capacity to develop and execute a communication and marketing plan
2. Develop and execute communications (newsletters, posters, websites, booklets, etc.)
3. Experience providing administrative support.
4. Aptitude in learning new software as needed.
$35,438 - $47,000
December 1, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dr. Kang Xia at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.