Limited Term Instructor of Computer Science
Job ID: 265699About Us
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Computer Science resides in the College of Computing & Software Engineering at Kennesaw State University. The department has more than 2200 undergraduate students in the ABET-accredited BS in Computer Science program, and over 400 graduate students in the MS in Computer Science and Ph.D. in Computer Science programs.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for nine-month, full-time, non-tenure track, Limited Term Instructor of Computer Science faculty positions in the Department of Computer Science that begins August 2024.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in the area of Computer Science.
- Teaching 5 undergraduate and/or graduate course sections per term for fall and spring terms.
- Teaching courses online, hybrid or face-to-face as per department need.
- Attend faculty meetings and other required meetings.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
To teach undergraduate courses:
- A Master's degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a discipline related to Computer Science or a closely related discipline is required.
- A Master's degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a non-related discipline with 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching discipline is required.
To teach graduate courses:
- A Terminal/Doctorate degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Computer Science or a related discipline is required.
NOTE: Required degree must be earned by start date.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 2 references
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is February 15, 2024.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Yong Pei, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.