Health Annual Giving Associate Director
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Data, and Operations will be a critical Health Annual Giving team member. The associate director will oversee the project management of all solicitation campaigns across health academics and other clinical areas and other health system-wide solicitations to patients, donors, alumni, and the broader community. In partnership with the Director of Annual Giving, they will assist in developing a comprehensive engagement and solicitation strategy.
They will lead the execution of strategy for annual campaigns - including grateful patient, management of data requests, and monitoring and results reporting for Health Annual Giving initiatives. Furthermore, the Associate Director will support strategic execution, engaging with various internal health stakeholders to organize activities for The University of Utah's annual Giving Day.
The Associate Director will also coordinate organizing solicitation data, refining audience segmentation, enhancing targeting techniques, and coordinating with annual giving vendors to uphold meticulous giving and stewardship records. Collaborating with the Annual Giving Digital Engagement Manager, they will spearhead the execution of digital solicitations, anniversary campaigns, and digital stewardship programs.
- Perform in-depth data analysis and generate comprehensive reports for all annual giving campaigns, ensuring actionable insights and data-driven decision-making.
- Act as the primary coordinator for reporting and gift-matching processes, ensuring seamless integration with external vendors and internal campaign directors.
- Serve as a liaison with advancement services to manage data requests, uphold gift reporting accuracy, maintain data integrity, and oversee online giving and crowdfunding platforms.
- Design basic graphic elements and manage the curation of photos and videos for campaign appeals and strategic communications.
- Ensure data integrity of constituent information in our CRM platform, conducting regular audits and updates.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically requiredNearly Continuously: Office environment.Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be requiredNearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelors degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Masters degree in Business Administration or related area preferred.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Key skill sets and attributes:
- Proficiency in project management software and strong organizational skills.
- Data analysis and CRM platform reporting and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated success in engaging alums, volunteers, and teams.
- Capability for cross-functional collaboration.
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Enthusiasm to engage donors and a passion for fundraising.
- Commitment to constituent service and collaboration in a complex and fast-moving environment.
Department Preferred Requirements:Three years of fund-raising experience which includes direct solicitation of contributions, volunteer leadership support, written and verbal presentations, and strategy and market development are required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.Experience working with vendors preferred. Data analysis and demonstrated proficiency with CRMs, project management and editing and digital tools preferred.
Requisition Number: PRN36953B
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary: 8:30a - 5:30p, M - F with some evening and weekend hours as needed
Department: 00972 - Advancement-Univ Utah Health
Pay Rate Range: $65,000 - $71,500
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/155461