Supplemental Instructional Coordinator (Academic Support)
Riverside Community College District
Tutors and Learning Resources
Supplemental Instructional (SI) Coordinator (Academic Support)- Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. 12/05/2023
Department: Academic Support (R)
Position Type: Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Part-Time
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week 21 Hours Per Week
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade M
Salary Amount: $38.49 - $46.83
Salary Type: Hourly
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Under the supervision of the area Dean, is responsible for the organization and effective operation of services provided by supplemental instructional leaders.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Short-Term employee(s) and/or Work Study student(s).
An associate degree from an accredited institution is required.
Two years closely related experience in working with students in the capacity of tutorial services and/or academic support services is required.
Teaching and learning theories.
Communicate clearly with others.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Students, faculty and staff.
Ability to walk across campus to different locations. Tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard.
Classroom and office settings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Regular consultation with supplemental instructional leaders for training, lesson design, identifying needs, discussion of progress and feedback for the delivery of supplemental instruction.
2. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the effective operation of the Supplemental Instruction program.
3. Plans and coordinates meetings and workshops for supplemental instructional leaders.
4. Assists in the development of schedules for supplemental instructional leaders and the collection of data (attendance, participation and survey distribution and/or collection).
5. Assists supplemental instructional leaders in developing effective supplemental instructional sessions according to course content.
6. Assists supplemental instructional leaders in creating promotional advertisements for students to promote and increase supplemental instructional session participation.
7. Ensures time records are kept accurately by supplemental instructional leaders and turned in to the appropriate office.
8. Collaborates with faculty in multiple disciplines within and outside the Martin Luther King Teaching and Learning Center.
9. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
10. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
11. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month
employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only: Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm & Friday: 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Required Applicant Documents: Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents: Teaching Philosophy
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: Anticipated start date: January 2024 or after
Application Deadline: 12-05-2023
Special Comments: IMPORTANT NOTICES:
- It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or the 4th week of January.
- An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
- All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
- An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
- Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
- Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
- Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
- The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
- The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
To apply, visit: https://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=61001