(Hybrid) Administrative Coordinator - WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute
The WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) at West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a hybrid Administrative Coordinator.
About the Opportunity
This position is responsible for supporting the full scope of the WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) core needs. As an Administrative Coordinator, you will coordinate and provide programmatic support for WVCTSI cores, financial processing support tasks, special projects as well as other high-level administrative duties. This position will work with all 8 WVCTSI cores.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Coordinate components of core activities with direction from core leadership. May include events, meetings, program development, constituent outreach, data tracking, etc.
- Coordinate the planning of all WVCTSI events (meetings, workshops and other functions); includes tracking guest lists, making space reservations, working with vendors to arrange the necessary logistics, managing a/v needs tracking materials, preparing meeting materials, and post-event follow up if needed.
- Provide support to the WVCTSI team during the proposal development process.
- Provide support to include calendar management, meeting planning and preparation for staff directors. Serve as back up executive-level assistant when operations manager is out of the office.
- Coordinate hosting special guests including members of WVCTSI internal and external advisory committees, nationally known guest speakers, etc. both in-person and virtually.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Work independently drafting correspondence, memos, reports, and presentations as requested.
- Take detailed minutes from assigned meetings, facilitate review and dissemination of minutes to meeting participants.
- Prepare requisitions and make purchases for WVCTSI and provides proper documentation for approval and processing.
- Provide maintenance and updates to WVCTSI membership database. Verify membership as needed.
- Assist with WVCTSI publication compliance.
- Make procurement card purchases and complete reconciliation through MyExpenses.
- Prepare and verify Supplier (Vendor) registration through Mountaineer Marketplace.
- Coordinate travel and prepare travel settlement documents for staff members as needed. Create flyers and signage with direction from communications staff and program teams.
- Create flyers and signage with direction from communications staff and program teams.
- Serve as the front desk staff; greet WVCTSI visitors to the office ensuring guests are connected with the appropriate staff while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Manage conference room meeting space calendars, including prioritizing incoming requests, maximizing space and setting up audio/visual technology as appropriate.
- Provide audio/visual assistance to WVCTSI team members and guests for meetings, presentations and special events.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of office supply inventory to include ordering supplies as needed.
- Maintain physical key storage for WVCTSI spaces.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance and repair requests.
- Assist in maintaining and updating electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Open and review incoming mail to determine nature of correspondence and routes to appropriate person; coordinate all outgoing mail.
- Effectively organize and prioritize assignments to complete in a timely manner.
- Improve and maintain skills by participating in self-development activities such as seminars, workshops, and classes particularly those related to WVU systems and processes.
- Comply with state, federal, and WVU/WVU Research Corporation policies.
- Associate's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience performing high level administrative support or programmatic coordination experience.
- Knowledge of standardized procurement software platforms.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly lean program protocol.
- Strong communication skills in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Skilled at creating correspondence, reports, proposals, mailings, charts, graphs, forms, presentations, and memorandum.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated skills with WVU Purchase Card (P-Card) software as well as P-Card processing business practices and institutional policies.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocol.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various work processing packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. for reports, graphs, mailings and presentation development.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate many different administrative tasks, determine relative importance of each, set deadline, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and edit correspondence and reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative in performing administrative work in a variety of subjects, programs, or projects.
- Ability to estimate, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to do mathematical reports and support of financial and accounting functions in conjunction with program and project controls.
- Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to effectively address issues with several variables in standardized situation.
- Bachelor's degree in communications/public relations, public health, health promotion/health education or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of program support experience in a higher education setting in the area of public health or biomedical sciences.
- Valid US driver's license.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and student of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2023
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes