Inclusive Excellence Program Manager
Virginia Military Institute
Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
The office of Diversity, Opportunity, and Inclusion at Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a new Inclusive Excellence Program Manager.
- Creating and implementing educational programs, services, and activities to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the VMI community.
- Managing, evaluating, and synthesizing statistical data for generating reports and recordkeeping purposes.
- Working with cadet organizations and VMI departments to organize cultural heritage/theme month events, awareness weeks, and post-wide events.
- Identifying trends in diversity and technology to develop inclusive learning strategies and technologically based programs that promote global awareness and inclusivity within the post-wide community.
- Serving as a liaison and point of contact for inquiries on DO&I education, workshops, and activities.
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and community partners to broaden educational workshops and programs that promote VMI's core values and foster a welcoming environment for education and work.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Expertise in curriculum design.
- Experience in assessment and data-driven decision-making.
- Proficiency in contemporary educational best practices, learning theory, and approaches.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of student development, identity formation, and the intricacies of social identities.
- A commitment to diversity, opportunity, & inclusion and the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
- Innovative, creative, collaborative, self-motivated, and able to adapt to a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- A student-centered approach that includes the ability to supervise and work alongside cadets in a highly cadet-led environment.
- Skilled in both formal and informal written and verbal communication.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in graphic design and social media content creation.