Full-Time Faculty - Sports Medicine
Since 1859, Averett University has grown and developed into a dynamic institution that serves students of all ages, offering more than 40 undergraduate majors with a number of concentrations and minors, along with 12 graduate programs with several concentrations. Dedicated to preparing students to serve and lead as catalysts for positive change, the University’s historic main campus is embedded in the heart of Southern Virginia with regional learning centers throughout Virginia and online. Averett enrolls a diverse student body, and boasts an alumni network that spans the globe.
At Averett University, we are altogether different. We know that relationships fuel futures, which explains our unmistakable family atmosphere. On campus or online, Averett students feel a sense of true belonging. Through relentless support and unwavering dedication, we equip our students with the skills for a lifetime of success. Knowing that personal growth and community well-being go hand-in-hand, we serve others with confidence and distinction, and with a more than 160-year legacy, our influence is far-reaching in the world around us. This is All Averett.
Visit averett.edu for more info.
The Health and Sports Science Department at Averett University is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our faculty in the Health and Sport Science Department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our department, mentor students, and teach classes in the field of Sports Medicine.
A master’s degree is required, a doctorate in Sports Medicine , earned in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Applied Physiology, Athletic Training, or related field is preferred.
- Teach effectively undergraduate courses in the following content areas related to Sports Medicine: physiology of activity, therapeutic exercise, biomechanics, kinesiology and other related areas.
- Develop and implement innovative and engaging curriculum that meets the needs of diverse learners.
- Utilize effective teaching methodologies to facilitate student learning and success.
- Provide academic advising , supervise internships and mentor undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Sport Medicine and other majors within Health and Sports Science Department.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment that will enable student success.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education and research.
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
- Participate in community outreach, service, and engagement activities.
- Collaborate with other faculty members to advance the goals of the Health and Sports Science department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VPAA.
Instructions to Candidates send the following information to the Sport Administration Committee:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three references
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
Averett University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, can be found at https://www.averett.edu/wp-content/uploads/9.30.21-ASR-for-2020.pdf.Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status. Inquiries related to the University’s compliance with Title IX should be directed to Averett’s Title IX Coordinator, Amanda Estabrook, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact information, reporting options, and the University’s Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy can be found at https://www.averett.edu/about-us/title-ix/. Inquiries may be made externally to the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights: https://www.ed.gov/ocr.Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.