Job ID: 265737About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Architectural and planning professional reporting to the Director of Campus Planning, also in close coordination with the Executive Director of Space Management. Responsibilities include collaborating, innovating, and providing leadership in support of the University's campus planning, and space planning functions. Responsible for all aspects of project initiation including confirming alignment with master planning, development of initial program needs, project budget development, and project scheduling.
Key Responsibilities -
1. Provides innovative leadership in collaboration with university leadership, stakeholders, and Planning, Design and Construction on all aspects of Campus Planning, Space Planning, Project Initiation, and Capital Project Requests
2. Manages the University's University System of Georgia (USG) Facilities Inventory Data Collection (FIDC), USG space coding and classification, reporting, and in-house analysis which includes monitoring the utilization of and needs for all spaces across campus
3. Manages long-range campus planning, capital planning program development and feasibility studies for major renovation and new construction projects
4. Serves as a University subject matter-expert for ADA evaluations and building code reviews.
5. Prepare space and capital budget analyses, programs, policies and business processes for campus and university administration
6. Assist in identifying options for addressing priority needs and develop recommendations for resolution of space issues through development and analysis of space-use metrics, reassignment of space and/or planning of renovations or new construction projects
7. Supervises, develops, and supports professional development of staff and student workers, as assigned
A professional degree from an accredited institution of higher education in architecture, campus planning, or related field
Other Required Qualifications
Professional Architectural license and/or Urban, Regional, or City Planning certifications
Five (5) years of experience managing multiple capital projects, including facilities planning and design, master planning, and space planning; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Prior experience with project management within a college or university and managing professional staff
The budgeted salary range is $67,340 to $100,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to work in partnership with staff, faculty, administrators, and student leaders
Knowledge of Board of Regents procedures, standards, and principles for pre-planning and project guidelines and procedures related to capital projects
Successful track record in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects
Knowledge of Board of Regents/USG and KSU procurement procedures
Excellent initiative, teamwork, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly related to listening, team building, and conflict resolution
Proficient with computer software, applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, Banner, CAFM and/or Space Data Software)
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette