Undergraduate Nursing Success and Wellness Coordinator #718
Mississippi University for Women College of Nursing and Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time, 10 month faculty, grant-funded position. The Undergraduate Nursing Student Success and Wellness Coordinator is responsible for supporting the academic and personal development of undergraduate, pre-licensure, nursing students in order to enhance their overall academic success and well-being. This role involves implementing evidence-based programs and initiatives aimed at promoting student success, providing guidance and resources for academic achievement, and fostering a supportive and healthy learning environment for nursing students. Employment for this position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds (expected duration until September 2026).
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current unencumbered registered nursing licensure to practice in Mississippi and other states where clinical students practice.
- Competent in nursing knowledge and practice as evidenced by records and job performance.
- At least one year experience in nursing service.
- Meets current clinical agency requirements (such as criminal background check, drug screen, immunizations, etc.).
- Knowledge of nursing education programs and the challenges faced by nursing students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong data management skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Knowledge of student support services and resources
- Sensitivity to diverse student populations and cultural backgrounds.
Background Check Statement
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. However, failure to disclose may disqualify a candidate.