Research Manager III, Materials Science & Engineering
Posting Number: req18316
Department: Materials Science & Engr
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Science and Technology Center "New Frontiers of Sound" in MSE is looking for a Research Manager III to oversee the management of the Center as a part of the leadership team. The Center is a collaborative partnership between nine Universities across the US led by the University of Arizona working in the area of extraordinary properties of topological acoustic waves.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee researchers and staff to ensure comprehensive services are provided throughout projects. This is accomplished through hiring, work direction, and performance management.
- This position will function as the center manager and responsible for hiring the research scientists and personnel necessary to get the new Center started and operating.
- Aligns resources and staff based on the Center's priorities and goals.
This will involve all aspects of planning and directing complex research projects.
- Works as a part of the leadership team in decision-making and planning for: research project operations, Center standards, compliance, policies, and process improvements.
- Monitors research compliance laws and regulations.
Communicates information from the leadership team to Center employees as well as stakeholders.
- Manages and coordinates training and programs for regulation compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of working in the field of acoustics
- The ability to work with researchers/scientists in a management/leadership capacity
- The ability to manage complex research projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience, including 3 years of managerial experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in scientific or engineering field related to the New Frontiers of Sound research areas.
- Experience in acoustics (preferably topological acoustics).
- Extensive management experience in inter-organization dynamics, people, and resource allocation.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $86,870 - $112,932
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Researchers & Scientists
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Dr. Pierre Deymier
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.