Clinical Assistant Professor or Lecturer, Physician Assistant Studies
Job Title: Clinical Assistant Professor or Lecturer, Physician Assistant Studies
FLSA Status: Exempt (salary)
Department: Physician Assistant Studies program
Reports to: Program Director
Date Job is Available: Immediate Opening
Position Type: non-Tenure Track
Dominican University College of Health Sciences seeks candidates for a faculty position as either a Clinical Assistant Professor or Lecturer in the Master of Medical Science (MMS) Physician Assistant (PA) program. The position is a 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track position that reports to the Program Director of the PA program. Both positions require teaching responsibilities while the Clinical Assistant Professor also requires the candidate to perform scholarship. Additionally, service is required in both and can include participation in department, college, and university level committees as well as in discipline specific professional organizations and community service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the principal faculty, in accordance with ARC-PA standards, this individual will work extensively with the clinical faculty, the Program Director, and the Medical Director to coordinate and deliver the didactic and clinical curriculum in medical education.
- Teaching responsibilities: teach/serve as course director for PAS courses in accordance with the BCHS/PAS faculty roles and responsibilities. Responsibilities also include the design and implementation of course content that is in alignment with expected student learning outcomes for the PAS curriculum, participating in Return to Campus Days, simulation/skills activities, and OSCEs.
- Service responsibilities: provide service to university, college, and department committees. Department service commitments will include Capstone advising/mentoring and student remediation.
- Scholarship responsibilities: develop a scholarship plan in accordance with criteria described in the BCHS Roles and Responsibilities document in accordance with rank. This is for those who wish to be in the clinical faculty track.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE PARTICIPATION IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Student admissions activities
- Assistance in clinical preceptor/site recruitment, development, and retention of students
- ARC-PA accreditation processes and university assessment
- Commit to working with diverse student and community populations while building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment.
All full-time faculty members, in accordance with the Faculty Handbook of Dominican University and the BCHS Roles and Responsibilities document, are expected to participate in university life and governance, as well as continuing professional development.
- Graduation from an accredited PA Program, NP Program, or Medical School.
- Current Illinois PA licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois
- Certification in accordance with discipline accrediting body
- Experience as a practicing PA, NP, MD, or DO
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Three years of clinical experience
- Experience in the classroom, clinical teaching, or serving as a preceptor to healthcare professionals.
- Highly motivated, team player with a strong work ethic, and possesses a high level of collaborative competencies.
Founded in 1901, Dominican University is a comprehensive, coeducational Catholic institution. Dominican University is a relationship-centered community rooted in a vibrant liberal arts and sciences education, offering rigorous, integrative and innovative undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. It is known for its excellent academic programs, the care and respect with which it mentors its students, its enduring commitment to social justice, and the enriching diversity of its students, faculty, and staff. U.S. News & World Report ranks Dominican No. 11 among master's-level universities in the Midwest.
Dominican is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Approximately 46% of the 3,000 currently enrolled students are Latino. Among undergraduates, 50% are Pell-eligible and 48% are the first in their families to attend college. Located on a 37-acre wooded campus in suburban River Forest, Illinois, and just 10 miles west of downtown Chicago, the university provides students and alumnae/i an accessible and welcoming location and superb access to a wealth of career, intellectual and cultural opportunities.
Apply online at http://www.dom.edu/jobs. Applicants will be asked to submit a cover letter and CV and a list of 3 references. If candidates are interested in the Clinical Assistant Professor position, an additional essay that outlines a proposed plan for scholarship is required. Applicants who progress in the search process will be asked to provide official transcripts.
Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We seek a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.