Faculty - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. You will also have the opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and with online student populations. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Location: Based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ, in person instruction.
What you need:
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision preferably from a CACREP-accredited program or related doctoral degree AND have been employed as full-time faculty member in a counselor education program before July 1, 2013.
- Independently licensed as a professional counselor
- Maintain an active membership to a recognized professional counseling association (American Counseling Association, ACA preferred).
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to successfully adapt to an e-learning environment. Availability to provide 24-hour turnaround responses to student questions and concerns.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format, and work in an e-learning environment with students on a daily basis.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Has experience conducting research or scholarly related activities.
- Has experience in professional service and advocacy in the counseling field
- Knowledgeable about CACREP standards
- At least one year of experience teaching ground courses
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus