Vice President for Enrollment Management
Utica University seeks a talented and proven enrollment management professional who has experienced success in both building the size and shaping the character of the entering class. The Vice President for Enrollment Management will lead a campus-wide effort to improve institutional practices in ways which positively influence college choice, transition to college and student centeredness.
A comprehensive, independent, coeducational private institution of higher education located in the heart of the Mohawk Valley in Central New York, Utica University offers an academic experience that is deeply engaging and enriching, with a vibrant and diverse community of life-long learners. Excitement, enthusiasm and gratitude are common themes used by Utica University graduates when describing their experiences at the University. Students, faculty and staff take pride in Utica University’s family atmosphere. The modern 128-acre campus is situated on the western edge of Utica, providing the Utica University community with a special home – an intimate place to work, learn and grow.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management is a member of the senior leadership team of Utica University. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President is responsible for the leadership and direction of all admission and financial aid functions at the University. Strategic opportunities for the Vice President for Enrollment Management include:
- Building from Fall 2023 new student enrollment, which exceeded expectations, the new Vice President will work closely with Academic Affairs and department faculty to grow enrollment in programs that have additional capacity while maintaining quality enrollments in current high demand programs.
- Growing the already strong working relationship with Athletics to help meet University enrollment and retention goals.
- Utilizing the University’s tuition reset strategy to effectively position the institution versus private and public competitors.
- Effectively navigating how to grow online as well as on-ground programs using campus based and external recruitment partners.
- Continuing efforts to boost retention and graduation rates via thorough and data-informed admission and financial aid processes.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by December 20, 2023. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located at https://rhperry.com/UticaVPEM.
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting Utica University in this search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Mr. Thomas DaRin, Senior Consultant, and Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant, at UticaVPEM@RHPerry.com.