Director of Graduate Admissions
Exec Dir University Admissions
Under the guidance of the Executive Director of University Admissions, the Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the recruitment strategies and admission for graduate programs. The incumbent will supervise the graduate recruitment team and works as part of a team to ensure the Office of University Admissions meets the university's enrollment goals. The Director will focus on on-campus graduate programs (doctoral and master's level) inclusive of domestic and international student populations. It is expected that the director will remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Executive Director of University Admissions.
- Direct the graduate admissions process through the admission funnel from point of inquiry culminating in enrollment, and lead the graduate recruitment team in the areas of recruitment, marketing and operations.
- Procure active prospect lists and manage a prospective pool of applicants.
- Create and manage communication strategies for prospective and admitted students the University's CRM system to enable multiple communication channels, including letters, e-mails, texts, phone and webinars.
- Streamline processes and manage applications to ensure timely decisions, and troubleshoot issues impacting admissions decisions.
- Function as primary liaison to graduate program coordinators and advisors.
- Work closely with the university marketing staff to inform graduate recruitment strategies and implement targeted outreach to prospective students, applicants, and admitted students.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs, special projects, events, and other recruitment initiatives geared to recruiting students within targeted populations and facilitating admission into NJIT.
- Occasional travel is expected to engage and inform prospective and current students and their families as well as develop positive educational partnerships and working relationships with external stakeholders.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the success of the Office of University Admissions by advising and assisting the Executive Director of University Admissions in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of graduate students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years' of recruitment experience in graduate recruitment/admissions.
- Minimum of three years' of management experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing, communication and social media strategies for student recruitment.
- Demonstrated, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents.
- Valid driver's license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions.
- Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events.
- Ability to travel year-round is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Familiarity with Slate and Banner.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJITs continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6664?c=njit