Assistant Director of Transfer Admission
Exec Dir University Admissions
Under the guidance of the Director of Student Recruitment, the Assistant Director of Transfer Admission works closely with the Associate Director for Transfer Recruitment and Articulation Agreements and as part of the University Admissions team to recruit, admit and enroll undergraduate transfer students. This professional will manage an assigned recruitment territory; actively participate in recruitment initiatives targeting prospective transfer students; travel extensively throughout the year; evaluate student applications and make admission decisions; and assist with recruitment programming. In addition, this position supports and promotes a variety of articulation agreements within the NJIT community, which provide a seamless transfer experience for incoming students. Regular weekend and evening hours are required.
- Manage a case-load of prospective transfer students from the point of inquiry through
enrollment, including promptly responding to inquiries, diligently following up on potential leads, reviewing applications, and contributing to yield initiatives to maximize enrollment.
- Execute admission decisions based on established parameters and guidelines; utilize CRM system and university information system for accurate data entry, decision-making and record-keeping.
- Maintain detailed record of interactions with prospective and admitted students through multiple communication channels (email, text, phone, in-person, mail).
- Act as the primary admissions liaison for assigned community colleges.
- Develop a recruitment plan to achieve transfer enrollment targets.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Transfer Admission, manage a caseload of applicants requesting readmission to the university.
- Create and manage personal work schedule; arranging travel, and tracking individual expenses.
- Attend on-campus Admissions events, such as Open House, Accepted Student Days, Information Sessions and Instant Decision Days; weekend and evening work is expected.
- Prepare and deliver engaging presentations about the university, its academic programs, admission procedures, and policies to prospective students and their families.
- Participate in professional development (internal, external, self-directed) in order to remain
apprised of topics in higher education, secondary education and other sources that may impact admissions and enrollment at the University.
- Responsible for individual projects and assignments beyond the general duties of an assistant
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two years of recruitment/admissions experience in higher education.
- Strong analytical skills for reading applications, answering questions, and strategizing recruitment territory and travel schedule.
- Must have excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents.
- Valid driver's license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions.
- Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events.
- Extensive year-round travel is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Experience working in a STEM-based, public university.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and Technolutions Slate.
- Fluency in Spanish.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJITs continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6663?c=njit