Position TitleSustainability Coordinator
Position SummaryThe Sustainability Coordinator will coordinate campus sustainability initiatives and help integrate sustainability into College initiatives.
NOTE: This position primarily requires on-site work; however, may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement of working remotely one day per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, students, administrators, and campus committees to advance College's leadership in campus sustainability.
- Coordinates institutional sustainability activities, including Campus Race to Zero Waste and Earth Week.
- Supports student engagement in sustainability programs, including student organizations and individuals.
- Coordinates the preparation of the College's Sustainability Tracking and Assessment Rating System (STARS) submission; update the submission annually to keep its information current; disseminate and communicate its results; identify means and methods for continuous improvement.
- Liaise with sustainability personnel at other education institutions, businesses, governments, and the community to share experience and practices and promote collaboration.
- Coordinates waste reduction efforts working with grounds, dining services, campus life, and other departments on recycling and composting efforts at all campus events.
- Supports campus wide engagement in sustainability programs including orientation and residence hall advisors; promote sustainability and educational collaborations.
- Works with the Division of Strategic Communications and Marketing to promote coverage of sustainability at the College; produce internal and external sustainability communications.
- Monitors the sustainable sustainability budget.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma and a minimum of five years of related work experience are required.
This position requires excellent customer service focus and time management skills. Organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail are essential in developing and/or enhancing departmental processes. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact is essential.
Excellent oral communication skills are required when providing information and responding to questions from students, parents, employees, and the public in one-on-one or group situations. Also, must be able to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Good proofreading skills are essential.
This work requires the ability to perform advanced level computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) which includes such things preparing various forms of correspondence, proposals, PowerPoint presentations. Must be able to create and maintain complex databases using spreadsheets to track information for the department and programs. Must be capable of using Outlook, Banner Financial Module, and Internet. Must be proficient in conducting internet searches of information needed for the efficient operations of the department and programs.
Preferred QualificationsBachelor's degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, RestrictionsNone
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle office supplies, operate computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to: reach with hands and arms, and stand. The employee is occasionally required to: stoop, climb, and lift and/or move up to 15 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time 12 month
Work Location/ScheduleThis position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
Posting Number: SC0628P
Open Until Filled: Yes
COVID-19 Vaccination ProtocolDue to the heightened risk of contracting COVID-19 and the spread of variants, Spelman College requires up to date COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, and students (collectively "Campus Community") that have job duties, attend classes, or are otherwise present on campus. You will need to submit proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination: full vaccination and a booster (when eligible) or a single dose of the bivalent vaccine) prior to your first day on campus or you may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement by providing the necessary documentation to: Yemi Brown, PharmD Manager of COVID-19 Operations, at email@example.com. Upon receiving your Spelman Technology log-in credentials, please keep your vaccination or exemptions records up-to-date using Etrieve.