Program Manager - Cyber Policy Program
Position TitleProgram Manager - Cyber Policy Program
Position SummaryThe Cyber Policy Program's goal is to expand the College's traditional Computer Science and Political Science degree program offerings to include an interdisciplinary program in Cybersecurity Policy that explores and creates an understanding of cyber technology, its impact on society, the challenges of securing such systems, and how evolving technologies shape policies and the impact of policy on cyber. This position is responsible for working with the Principal Investigator of the Cyber Policy Program and overseeing the development of initiatives that implement the strategic vision of the program.
NOTE; This is a multi-year, grant-funded position with a current anticipated end date of August 31, 2029.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as first point of contact for the Cyber Policy Program, addressing general inquiries from students, faculty, staff, strategic partners, and the community.
- Manages the engagement of internal and external advisory boards, e.g. including the disbursement of stipends for the internal faculty advisory board.
- Manages the process for the development of the new Cyber Policy curriculum, including soliciting course proposals, coordinating the review of proposed courses by the advisory boards, and disbursement of stipends for the creation of new courses.
- Manages the disbursement of scholarships for students who complete the Cyber Policy minor. This includes things such as establishing the criteria for Cyber Policy Scholars in conjunction with the advisory board, evaluating scholarships, and creating processes to ensure timely disbursement of scholarships.
- Manages the establishment of strategic partnerships with graduate programs in Cyber Policy,
- Manages the development of student bridge and support programs with graduate programs. This includes things such as: Working with the external advisory board to identify criteria for assessing student competencies and the criteria for success at partner institutions; proposing interventions to address any curricular gaps.
- Coordinates and manages the Cyber Scholar in Residence program which includes items such as: working with Campus Stakeholders and local partners to create attractive recruiting resources and materials; serving as the point of contact to address the needs of the Scholars; working with internal and external advisory boards to develop possible models of engagement of external scholars.
- Coordinates and manages the Cyber for Society Speaker series, which may include: working with campus stakeholders to coordinate the schedule of these lectures, invite prospective speakers, coordinate travel for external speakers, arrange meetings with the speakers and campus stakeholders, etc.
- Coordinates and manages Cyber workshops, conferences, and other related meetings.
Required QualificationsB.S. degree in a related field required with 5 years of experience in program development and management including STEM related programming and experience delivering excellent results in a matrixed organization.
This position requires strong customer service focus, communication, and time management skills. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact is essential. Independent judgment is necessary to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail. Work requires fact-finding and compilation skills plus the ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously, at times with little supervision.
Excellent oral communication skills are required when providing information and responding to questions from students, parents, employees and the general public in one-on-one or group situations. Incumbent must be able to write business correspondence and procedure manuals plus compose memos, letters, and emails. Also, must be able to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Good proofreading skills are essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). In addition to producing correspondence and e-mails, duties may involve assignments that require the creation of spreadsheets using formulas. Must be capable of using Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office 365, Internet, and other software platforms.
Preferred QualificationsM.S. degree in Cyber, Computer Science, Engineering Preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, RestrictionsNone.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle office supplies, operate computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to: reach with hands and arms, and stand. The employee is occasionally required to: stoop, climb, and lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time 12 month
Work Location/ScheduleThis position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
Posting Number: SC0627P
Open Until Filled: Yes
COVID-19 Vaccination ProtocolDue to the heightened risk of contracting COVID-19 and the spread of variants, Spelman College requires up to date COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, and students (collectively "Campus Community") that have job duties, attend classes, or are otherwise present on campus. You will need to submit proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination: full vaccination and a booster (when eligible) or a single dose of the bivalent vaccine) prior to your first day on campus or you may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement by providing the necessary documentation to: Yemi Brown, PharmD Manager of COVID-19 Operations, at email@example.com. Upon receiving your Spelman Technology log-in credentials, please keep your vaccination or exemptions records up-to-date using Etrieve.