Assistant Director of HR Systems & Data Analytics
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience working with diverse populations, which may include but are not limited to, historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.Job Summary
The Assistant Director manages all Human Resources (HR) systems and technical operations within the Office of Human Resources including employee onboarding, personnel actions, life cycle maintenance, time and leave processing, HR payroll processing, and HR data analysis for internal and external customers. This role is responsible for the integrity of all HR data and is the primary resource for extracting and reporting out data used by leadership to make data-informed decisions. This position supports the Office of Human Resources under general supervision and direction of the Executive Director of Human Resources.
You may be a bit of a unicorn, but we are seeking candidates with HR knowledge, solid technical and HR systems experience with a proven track record managing a nimble HR Tech team. A successful candidate holds teamwork and customer service in the highest regard when working directly with the HR team and our colleagues across the campus and considers themselves:
Analytically Minded: able to tell a story with data. Understanding unique requirements, ensuring data clarity and accessibility of information for the institution's leadership supporting informed decision-making.
Customer Centric: being customer centric in HR is more than just delivering services; it's about creating a positive and supportive experience for all.
Strategically Forward Thinking: staying up-to date on industry trends with the ability to reimagine processes answering the question "how can we do it more efficiently, cost effective and user friendly for our customers?"ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership, or related field.
- Human Resources Certification such as PHR, SPHR, or IPMA-CP or SCP (currently holds the certification or can obtain/recertify within 12 months of hire).
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience over full-time or part-time staff equivalency.
- Three (3) years of experience in Human Resources at a professional level position with an emphasis in HR data management, HRIS, analytics, compensation and benefit administration, OR related experience in another profession with comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities with demonstrated transferable competencies.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and with inputting and extracting data and preparing reports using a variety of computer systems.
- Strong attention to detail including adherence to multiple deadlines and balancing competing priorities, and extreme accuracy is necessary.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analysis, independent judgement, decision making, organizational and time management ability.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership, or related field.
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports files and office materials weighing up to 10 lbs.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.Advertised Salary Range
Salary range for this position is $77,790 - $87,125, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.To Apply
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest (cover letter) addressing the job announcement. Please include any experiences you may have embedding equity and inclusion in your work, see below.
At ACC we seek to hire candidates that demonstrate a commitment to and experience with embedding equity and inclusion into their professional role. Please address this specifically in your cover letter explaining what diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) means to you and how you may have incorporated DEI into your current or previous professional responsibilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit a completed application form and the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To apply, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Apply."
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.Closing Date
This position will be posted from November 14, 2023 until filled. Priority review will begin on November 21, 2023.Benefits
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA's Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 21.57% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit unofficial transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
The Colorado Community College System believes when all human qualities are regarded with dignity and respect and when everyone has access to the individualized support they need, all will have the opportunity to thrive. In all aspects of the employment process, decisions are made based on merit, competence, performance and business need without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our Accommodations and Non-Discrimination policies, plus other helpful information, can be found publicly at arapahoe.edu/legal.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.