Clinical Resource Equity Coordinator (Poison Control Center)(Multiple Positions)(Part Time)(UPDATED)
Posting Number: req14496
Department: Poison Control Center
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
Position HighlightsPlease Note: The number of openings has changed from 2 to 5.
To bridge every community in Arizona through healthcare innovation.
The Arizona Reach program is a 24/7 service that coordinates acute medical care transfers out of IHS, PL 93-638, and critical access hospitals across Arizona. AZ REACH streamlines the transfer process by facilitating calls for placement, connecting practitioners, and following through on placement progress, allowing referring facility team members to focus on care. Come join a team that not only saves practitioners time, but it also saves patient lives.
As a Clinical Resource Equity Coordinator you are part of a team that is responsible for coordinating patient transfer logistics for all transfer requests coordinated through the Arizona REACH Line. This critical team member provides ongoing support to internal and external stakeholders by ensuring patient transfers are occurring in a manner consistent with defined processes and protocols. This role is for you if you have a desire to make an impact on the lives of others while using your talent for customer service in a health sciences environment.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret and execute transfer requests to determine equipment and services required for a safe and smooth patient transfer. Organize and deliver all clinical services as directed by clinical representatives of the Arizona Centralized Transfer Line. Determines if best to use external or internal resources based on factors which include but are not limited to urgency, system saturation, recent activity, and clinical expertise. Acts as an integral member of the centralized transfer line for patient transfers throughout the continuum.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to appropriate sequence of events so as to provide quality transfers efficiently. Coordinates with internal personnel and external agencies to address continual demand for patient transfer and maintains a list of anticipated needs and projected resources in a complex environment. Receives, verifies, and provides ongoing follow-up requests and referrals/orders.
- Enters, maintains, and archives data in computer files for organizations as required using multiple software platforms. Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
- Identifies, resolves and communicates real and potential problems and information to appropriate leadership members. Prioritizes safe utilization of resources.
- Creates and distributes individualized ad-hoc reports upon request. May supervise or train staff depending on work assignment. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of the state of Arizona with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy a plus.
- Ability to stay calm under high-pressure conditions and timelines.
- Excellent customer service skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
- High School Diploma and five (5) years of relevant work experience required.
- Associate's degree and three (3) years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of relevant work experience required.
- Typing skills at least 60 WPM with speed and accuracy.
* Previous experience as a Medical Scribe, CNA, LPN, RN, EMT, or Medical School student preferred.
* Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 1-10
Job FTE: 0.025-0.25
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $21.03 - $27.47
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 5
Contact Information for Candidates
Steven Dudley | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.