Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
Who We Are
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) is an academic institution intrinsically tied to the real world—a confluence of industry knowledge, work ethic and an enduring desire to know more. The university offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, computer science, machine learning, user experience, construction management, actuarial science, business and nursing. With about 3,000 students, faculty and staff, MSOE is large enough for big opportunities and small enough for personal attention.
A Small University Dedicated to Achieving Big Things
MSOE is a supportive environment where everyone is valued. Our method of learning by doing is our distinction: it is how we teach, how we learn and how we serve. Faculty bring their real-world experience into the classroom, and small class sizes keep instructors in close contact with students. MSOE’s top priority is serving our students. By joining our community, you are building the leaders of tomorrow.
MSOE is the university of choice for those seeking an inclusive community of experiential learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. We are united by our six values—collaboration, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity and stewardship—which represent the core of our campus culture. Under the leadership of Dr. John Walz, MSOE has embarked on an ambitious strategic plan, Extraordinary Together, that propels the institution forward. MSOE fosters a welcoming and inclusive environment where diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) are central to all campus initiatives and guided by our DEIB Strategic Plan.
The Rader School of Business (RSOB) at Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Accounting at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level, with the ability to engage students in their professional and career preparation. Successful candidate will work with our small accounting team to oversee the development and growth of our Accounting and Finance programs and teach related in-seat and online courses. The new accounting program plays to the strengths of MSOE in data analytics and the use of AI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute expertise to course and curriculum development efforts within the department and in interdisciplinary efforts.
- Engage in professional development activities to enhance teaching effectiveness and maintain currency in the discipline.
- Conduct scholarly activities consistent with professional interests and teaching responsibilities, and as described in the MSOE Faculty Handbook.
- Provide substantive input to the department and university through representation and meaningful participation in committees, quality initiatives, assessment activities, and accreditation reviews.
- Required: Qualified as a CPA.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Accounting, Finance, Analytics, or other relevant discipline.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in the use of AI.
- Experience as an auditor is highly desirable.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ideal candidate will have experience in college-level teaching.
- Industry experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as R, Python, and database query languages is desirable.
- Candidates should have pertinent experience in utilizing appropriate technology in course development and delivery
- Self-starter with a desire to build a strong academic program
- Student focused
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Why Join MSOE?
At MSOE, we invest in our employees’ professional and personal growth. MSOE offers very competitive, fully comprehensive benefit plans to all full-time employees including medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company matching of up to 6% of employee earnings and immediate vesting. Educational benefits are available for employees and family members. Plus, employees have access to our state-of-the-art fitness center as well as on-site dining facilities. MSOE also offers paid parental leave for employees. Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, MSOE is just blocks away from beautiful lakefront, the theater district, museums, sports and music venues, parks and shopping. To view more detailed information about MSOE, please visit www.msoe.edu/hr.
To apply to this position, please visit https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/77283185. The review of applications will begin as they are received and continue until the positions are filled.