Vice President and Chief Academic Officer/College Provost (Job # 1734)
Location: West Campus, New Port Richey, FL
Vice President of the College reports directly to the President and serves as the Chief Academic Officer with major responsibilities for strategic planning and guiding all aspects of teaching and learning in support of student success.
Salary: $136,581 - Negotiable
- Advocates and promotes quality instruction and effectively oversees and monitors faculty-developed curriculum to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse College environment.
- Responsible for overall administration and quality of academic programs.
- Implements faculty-driven curricula and instructional methods.
- Collaborates with appropriate College leadership and academic units to ensure successful accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and program level accrediting agencies.
- Oversees all academic policies and procedures, insuring adherence to all state and/or federal requirements.
- Works with the President and the Academic Deans to develop advisory boards to assist in identifying the educational needs of the College and the community.
- Works effectively with all constituencies of the College and the community.
- Identifies challenges and opportunities to develop partnerships with business and industry, community-based organizations, and educational institutions.
- Creates an environment that supports faculty and staff professional development.
- Provides leadership and oversight for staff in the Office of Academic Affairs to include recruitment and selection, supervision, professional development and performance management.
- Supports faculty developed programs for initiation; critically reviews existing programs with faculty to meet community needs.
- Models and sustains shared governance practices that enhance the achievement of the vision, goals, plans and the student-centered culture.
- Serves as a member of the President's Administrative Leadership Team.
- Collaborates with College leadership on enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives.
- Serves as the College Provost over all sites and campuses.
- Collaborates with appropriate College Leadership in Advancement and Partnership initiatives.
- Advises the President on issues such as: student learning and success; academic programs and structure; hiring and retention of a diverse faculty and staff; resources and facilities; and accreditation.
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships; participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, task forces, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other information; represents assigned academic area on committees, advocacy groups, and/or related groups.
- Represents the College and the President in community engagements, public events, and College programming with local, state and federal agencies, while establishing a strong presence at the College and in the community at large.
- Doctoral Degree from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of five years upper-level administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in curriculum development and design
- Experience in utilizing communication tools such as Microsoft tools
- Analytical person who shows foresight and initiative as the College faces changeSelected candidate will be subject to a satisfactory criminal and consumer credit background check.
- Senior Academic Officers and Campus Provost (Assistant/Associate VP’s and Deans)
Anticipated Start Date
Open until filled
- Experienced, creative administrator with demonstrated leadership skills needed to foster the continuing academic progress and vitality of the College
- Distinguished record of a minimum of three years, five years preferred, as a full-time classroom faculty member in a college or university setting
- A record of academic and scholarly achievement sufficient to earn the respect of the academic community
- Experience in a community college preferred