Coordinator, Student Affairs
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To add to our esteemed staff, we are currently seeking a Coordinator of Student Affairs at our New York City (Lower Manhattan) campus.
The Coordinator of Student Affairs will provide administrative support and program administration for Student Affairs on the New York City Campus and for the entire Division of Student Affairs.
- Develops and implements office procedures and supervises team of student staff.
- Provides general administrative duties and high level support included but not limited to scheduling appointments for Sr Assoc Dean for Students and the Student Affairs leadership team, arranges conferences and meetings, drafts correspondence and takes meeting minutes as requested.
- Plans and implements programming for First Generation students.
- Coordinates meetings and takes minutes for the Student Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries from students family members faculty and staff; resolve issues as necessary.
- Communicates closely with and prepares requests for Facilities, ITS, Special Events, Document Services, and other departments on campus.
- Tracks expenses for department and assists with purchasing.
- Identifies and suggests improvements to policies processes and procedures for the department.
- Assists with the divisional communications including preparing presentations, writing, and distributing announcements.
- Assists in the preparation of annual reports and assessment reports.
- Takes the lead in planning Convocation and serves on the Commencement planning committee and the Student Success Retreat committee.
- Serves on Divisional committees which may include fall opening, professional development, communications, wellbeing, assessment and/or search committees.
- Supports these committees administratively when needed.
- Assist other offices in the division with staffing programs as needed.
- Coordinates divisional meetings retreats and staff gatherings.
- Responsible for tracking projects and reporting on status.
- Manages relationships with internal and external partners as a representative of the Office of the Dean for Students.
- Assists in coordinating programming for the Office of the Dean for Students.
- Works closely with and supports when necessary the Associate Director for Community Standards and the Associate Director for Student Support Services.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education and student affairs and/or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
Salary range: $58,500 - $60,500. Please apply at: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6000630.careers?ShowJob=520521995
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.