Project and Practice Coordinator
The Public Health Program at the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project and Practice Coordinator in the Population Health Sciences Department. This position will be supervised by the MPH Program Director, but will also work closely with BSPH leadership.
Project and Practice Coordinator functions are to:
- Coordinate student practicum and the tracking of students through their practicum placements;
- Expand practicum opportunities in the region, state, national, and international sites for all concentrations and program;
- Procure Memorandums of Agreement (MOA) or Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with practicum sites;
- Support promotion and recruitment efforts to ensure an annual competitive pool of applicants to the public health program;
- Work effectively with team members to support activities related to public health program events;
- Significant experience working in the public health field, preferably in Western Virginia;
- Master's degree or equivalent in a field related to public health;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal skills), interpersonal, organizational, facilitation, and administrative skills;
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, function well under pressure, pay attention to detail, work independently and with others, take initiative, and meet deadlines;
- Master of Public Health (MPH) degree
- Knowledge of public health program requirements
Salaried; commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Nicole Holt at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.