Assistant/Associate Professor or Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor / Periodontics / UMKC School of Dentistry
UNIVERSITY of MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY
School of Dentistry
Department of Periodontics
The UMKC Dental School is a partner of the UMKC Health Sciences District. The District strives to be a premier academic health district, engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the-science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. UMKC provides unique opportunities for research and health care collaboration across its Schools of: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing & Health Studies, and Pharmacy as well as University Health physicians, regional health care institutions, and the University of Missouri System's NextGen Data Science and Analytics Innovation Center.
Visit our website for more information about the UMKC School of Dentistry and the Periodontics program.
The University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry is seeking to fill the position of Assistant/Associate Professor or Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor in the Periodontics Department. Position will be filled as tenure/tenure-track or ranked non-tenure track commensurate with applicant qualifications and experience.
The faculty member will have primary responsibilities in the education and clinical supervision of DDS and Advanced Periodontics residents in the field of Periodontology. There is an opportunity for additional compensation in clinical practice for qualified candidates.
Academic rank will be commensurate with applicant qualifications and experience:
* A tenure track/tenured appointment will have workload expectations based upon teaching, research, and service for promotion and award of tenure
- A ranked Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor appointment provides opportunity for ranked NTT promotion with a workload focused on teaching and service.
* Applicants must have a DDS or DMD degree and a certificate of advanced training in Periodontology from a CODA-accredited institution.
* Applicants must be eligible for and obtain the appropriate Missouri Dental License prior to starting their employment. For more information about licensing, see https://pr.mo.gov/
- Candidates for tenure-eligible appointment must have an established research agenda with external funding or demonstrated potential for research with external funding.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with academic rank, applicant qualifications (e.g., credentials, education, and experience).
For consideration, you must apply online at www.umkc.edu/jobs, click in Academic Positions (Job Opening ID 49440).
Please complete the application and provide the following:
* personal letter of interest and applicable experience which may qualify you for a tenure-eligible or clinical faculty position
* curriculum vita
- a current list of at least 5 professional references
Please direct inquiries and correspondence to: Dr. Liz Kaz (email@example.com), Associate Dean, UMKC School of Dentistry.
* If you are experiencing technical problems during application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reasonable accommodations may be requested during the application and recruitment process. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person's success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/hr/eeo or call Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity & Title IX at 816-235-6910.
A completed COVID-19 vaccination series is required unless exempted for medical or religious reason.
We offer full healthcare benefits that start day one, generous paid time off, paid winter break, and university education benefits at all 4 UM System campuses for full-time employees and their qualifying dependents. Visit our Total Rewards page to learn more.
Also, explore the Total Rewards website to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource.