IT and Integrations Manager, Montana Digital Academy
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com*.
Montana Digital Academy invites applications for a IT and Integrations Manager to oversee the implementation, integration, and management of the organization's IT infrastructure, systems, and processes. This includes managing hardware and software resources, developing and implementing IT policies and procedures, developing and implementing security protocols and procedures, and ensuring the security and reliability of the organization's information systems. The position requires a high degree of initiative, leadership, and independent decision-making to manage the IT environment efficiently, collaborate with employees locally and remotely, and adapt to emerging technologies and trends.
The IT and Integrations Manager (ITIM) reports to the Assistant Director/Curriculum Director and sits on the MTDA leadership team. MTDA’s faculty and central office team comprises many tech-savvy users, requiring an ITIM to support various computing needs and strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and implement IT strategies and plans to align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage and maintain the organization's hardware and software, including procurement and inventory. Interface with the University of Montana IT department to onboard new hardware and purchase and maintain hardware.
- Implement and monitor IT security and privacy policies and practices, including data protection and disaster recovery measures.
- Provide direct hardware and software support to MTDA’s local and remote employees.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support to all MTDA users via the help desk.
- Interface with external vendors to access deeper support when needed.
- Configure and maintain cloud-based infrastructure, including web hosting, learning management systems, student information systems, vendor-based content systems, and integrations inside and outside of these systems to other vendors.
- Manage and configure MTDA web properties, including multiple WordPress instances.
- Oversee vendor and third-party relationships, ensuring the efficient delivery of IT services.
- Develop and manage IT budgets and resources, including personnel, equipment, and software licenses.
- Monitor the uptime of all software-based systems.
- Research and recommend new software and hardware titles to the MTDA leadership team.
- Stay current with the latest technology trends and updates in educational technology and distance learning, incorporating new technologies and best practices into the organization's IT environment.
- Proficiency with hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with cloud-based applications and infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of at least one major desktop operating system (Windows, MacOS, or ChromeOS)
- Strong understanding of at least one major cloud-based productivity suite (Google Workplace or Office 365)
- Ability to seek expert information and training on unknown software and hardware platforms.
- Associate's degree in applied computing, computer science, cybersecurity, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Experience supporting K-12 programs and users (preferred) or higher education programs and users.
- Experience in system integration through API systems
- Certifications to show competence in different aspects of the role, including CompTIA A+, Microsoft, Google Workspace, CISSP, CAPM, CEH, PMP, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based applications, virtualization, and remote work technologies.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and Student Information Systems in an educational setting.
- Proven experience in change management and organizational transformation.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting tools, such as SQL or Power BI.
Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) is the statewide digital online school for the State of Montana. Created by the Montana legislature in 2009 in MCA 20-7-1201 which authorized its creation and located it at the University of Montana. This statute was amended with HB 749 during the 2023 Legislative Session. The purposes of the MTDA are to:
- Make remote instruction opportunities available to all school-age children through public school districts in the state, including students who are enrolled on a part-time basis;
- offer high-quality instructors who are licensed and endorsed in Montana or another jurisdiction; and
- provide courses that empower pupils to become community, college, and career ready, including but not limited to:
- core subject matters required under accreditation standards or school board policy;
- innovative educational programs, as defined in 15-30-3102; and
- proficiency-based courses
MTDA and the University of Montana have established a unique, one of a kind partnership, among the statewide online schools across the United States. MTDA is the only state online program that is a part of a College of Education at a major university.
The University of Montana is a flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains where three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action: Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: IT and Integrations Manager (Computer Systems Analyst III)
Position Number: 067610
Department: Montana Digital Academy
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and varied as needed.
Salary: $31.024/hr Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, December 3, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
*Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
**Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.Position Type