Assistant Professor of Digital Media
Job ID: 265572
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
With an enrollment of over 1300 students, The Kennesaw State University School of Art and Design provides a rigorous education, offering a BFA degree in Art (concentrations in Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Comics and Sequential Art, Graphic Communications, Illustration, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, and Textiles and Surface Design), and a BFA in Digital Animation. The School offers an MA in Art and Design that is a 100% online degree with tracks in Art Education, Digital Animation, and Museum Studies.
Our facilities provide students with state-of-the-art resources. Our Chastain Pointe facility houses four large drawing and painting studios and an expansive printmaking area. 5 computer studios in the Visual Arts Building provide industry standard technology for our applied arts disciplines of Graphic Communications, Digital Animation, Illustration and Comics and Sequential Art. Textiles and Surface Design is our newest concentration in the BFA. The Textiles facilities are located on the Marietta campus and comprise approximately 8000 square feet of studio space.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Digital Media faculty position in the School of Art and Design that begins August 2024.
- We are seeking a Multimedia designer with expertise that covers video, web, animation. Ideal candidates will possess a strong commitment to teaching a broad range of digital art classes offered within our curriculum and have full working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud software, including After Effects.
- This candidate will teach in both the undergraduate BFA program and MA in Art and Design graduate program.
- All tenure track faculty have teaching, service, and scholarship/research activity expectations.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
A terminal degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Digital Art/Media, Animation, or related field is required at the time of appointment.
- The candidate should demonstrate excellent teaching and creative skills in core undergraduate graphic design coursework including motion graphics, design thinking, design systems, typography for print and web, identity design. Additional experience in emergent digital practices, animation, and digital illustration are highly desirable.
- Software skills: After Effects, Cinema4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition. And Experience with Unreal Engine, X-Particles, AE Expression, and GPU renderer (Octane, RedShift, and Cycles4D) is a plus.
- Experience teaching on-line.
- Industry experience
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is January 8, 2024.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Geo Sipp, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.