Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Principal Lecturer, (Part Time/Full Time) Tucson, AZ
Posting Number: req16474
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsWe have exciting opportunities available for Career Track Clinical Faculty to join our team! We are currently seeking passionate individuals who are eager to contribute to innovative teaching and learning experiences within our prelicensure programs. This includes our highly esteemed Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs in Tucson and Gilbert, our Bachelor of Science in Nursing-Integrative Health (BSN-IH) program in Gilbert, and our Master's Entry to Professional Nursing (MEPN) programs in Tucson and Gilbert.
What sets us apart is our flexibility to accommodate your preferred work schedule. We have both half-time and full-time positions available, allowing you to choose the FTE (full-time equivalent) that aligns with your needs and the specific program you would be supporting. We believe in providing a supportive and inclusive environment that empowers our faculty to thrive while making a significant impact on our students' educational journeys. Join us as we shape the future of nursing education and inspire the next generation of nursing professionals!
Occupational health and safety: If you will be working in a clinical environment you must satisfy clinical site compliance requirements (complete drug screening, CPR, Vaccination Requirements, and/or additional background check).
The nationally renowned and highly ranked Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and Master's Entry to Professional Nursing (MEPN) are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach and guide students in clinical theory and practical courses related to assigned program.
- Advise and mentor students across their academic program.
- Negotiate and grow cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinical experiential learning sites.
- Participate in the planning and assessment of our program(s) through faculty governance and quality
- Develop and maintain academic excellence through practice-relevant inquiry and knowledge dissemination through publications and presentations.
- Maintain clinical practice proficiency by engaging in practice, either directly or indirectly.
- Engage with faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furthering the mission and
goals of the College of Nursing.
- Participate in special projects and faculty governance activities, as needed.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Rank to be determined by FAPT
Minimum requirements to be considered for each rank:
- Eligible for entry or advanced licensure in Arizona.
- Provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona RN license prior to first day of
- employment with the College of Nursing.
- Master's degree in nursing or a related field.
- Preparation and clinical experience in a nursing practice role.
- Must meet Lecturer minimums.
- (4) years of experience.
- At least (2) years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meet Senior Lecturer minimums.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Extensive teaching and curriculum development experience.
Preferred QualificationsAll programs:
Rank: To be Determined
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20-40
Job FTE: .50 - 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 10
Contact Information for Candidates
Connie Miller | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and Two Additional Documents
Special Instructions to ApplicantPlease submit all requested materials and complete the application in its entirety
- 2)Unofficial Transcripts
- 3)Proof of RN license
- 4)Cover Letter
In your Cover Letter, please address your teaching interest and experience; AND
include the clinical areas listed below in which you have experience:
- -Adult Medical-Surgical
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.