Financial Services Specialist
Posting Number: req18312
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The position performs the customer service and cashiering activities for student financial accounts for the University of Arizona. Customer service activities include providing general information and analyzing and providing detailed account information to students via phone.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and advise customers by analyzing and interpreting student financial accounts primarily via telephone
- Research, analyze and determine if applicable late fees can be waived.
- Process withdrawals.
- Process requests for stop payments.
- Process returned checks, redeposit and reissue checks.
- Process requests for tuition related information from external agencies.
- Provide general university information to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong customer service background.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with university staff, students and the public.
- Skills in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work in a detailed-oriented, team environment.
- Skills in both oral and written communication.
- Strong general math skills.
- Proficiency in use of computer software and programs such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Five (5) years of customer service experience, including at least one year of experience in accounting or finance; OR
- Bachelors's degree in Accounting or a related field AND one (1) year of related customer service experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience training and/or education.
- Working experience with PeopleSoft and/or UAccess Financial systems, Financial Aid, Bursar, Registration or Admissions process.
- Two years of experience counting, receiving or disbursing money and executing financial transactions.
- Up to one (1) year of increasingly responsible office/clerical experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.33/hr - DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.