Division Chair - Allied Health
North Central Texas College is accepting applications for Division Chair - Allied Health: Gainesville Campus: Full-Time: Full-Benefits: Salary starts at $43,446
The purpose of an Allied Health division chair is to provide oversite of up and coming programs. This position will move to the needs of the surrounding community partners. This position will gather students who will fill the needs of the community. The major duty will be to increase the number of students in these much needed jobs. This position is a 9 month + 5 week contract.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interview and hire allied health faculty as needed for individual programs
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Answer phone and emails to convey information about Allied Health programs.
- Update and maintain student records by keeping files and excel spreadsheet current.
- Process applications by preparing, processing, compiling and summarizing for review.
- Prepares clinical contracts
- Prepares instructors to teach in Allied Health
- Making sure NCTC facilities are equipped with supplies on each campus
- Create, maintain and pay purchase orders for Allied health
- Submit new admits personal information to the Boards of individual programs including background checks and fingerprints as needed.
- Be available to answer questions from faculty. Solve student issues with faculty input
- Promote the Allied Health Programs
- Assign clinical spots to individual students in each allied health program.
- Teach minimum of 3 hours per semester
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change based on the need of the department and the institution.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties may be assigned by the Dean. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice based on the needs of the Department and the Institution.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Three (3) years Allied Health or related experience required
- Higher Education instruction preferred
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to facilitate student learning through a variety of methods including lecture, discussions, practical and laboratory exercises, or practice-related experiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
Subject to criminal background check. Resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript are required in addition to application. This position is a 9 month + 5 week contract paid out over 12 months. Salary starts at $43,446 and can be commensurate based on education and experience.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE