Administrative Support Specialist-Journey - CET (Temporary)
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Grant Manager to join our project sponsored by the Department of Defense. The Grant Manager will work at ECU's Department of Technology Systems and will be responsible for ensuring that all procedural requirements are met, managing student work records, overseeing HR processes for the team, managing job position ads, generating status reports and budget reports, being a point of contact for administrative issues and processes, tracking the completion of required personnel training, creating and managing a repository for administrative and managerial data, and acting as a liaison between various stakeholders. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills and a good understanding of grant management processes in academia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the Project Team in Institutional and Governmental Compliance (20%)
* Ensure that all governmental, institutional, and legal requirements are met for all aspects of the project
* Manage records of students' work records
* Manage HR processes for software engineer and other team members as needed (benefits, health insurance, etc.)
* Find out answers to administrative and procedural questions
* Act as a liaison between the project team and the Sponsored Programs Office and other campus offices to ensure all official aspects are addressed
* Communicate and collaborate with external entities and stakeholders to achieve high level of compliance
Budget Management, Reporting, and Control and Procurement Support (20%)
* Make sure that all summer and academic year salaries of the project team members are in place and complete the necessary paperwork in that regard.
* Generate budget reports and control budget expenditures weekly. Generate expenditure projections for the next reporting periods. Disseminate the budget status reports to the team, PI, and the sponsor as needed
* Work on supply, materials, and service purchases and follow up with vendors and consultants etc.
* Support travel-related paperwork. Explain the travel reimbursement process to team members. Complete and submit the necessary forms in a timely manner.
Manage Recruitment of the Team Members and Provide support in HR related processes (20%)
* Manage job position ads and conduct the first screening of applicants using criteria provided by the key team members
* Purchase job position ad services and manage and monitor the display of the ads properly.
* Check, validate and verify and obtain necessary approvals for the job position ad announcements.
* Act as a point of contact for students' and team members' administrative requests and questions
* Manage and coordinate all HR related compliance processes
* Communicate and collaborate with the administrators of the department and the college, and other offices on campus as needed
* Keep track of training certifications and ensure students complete those trainings. Save the documentation
* Document, track, and properly store all the official documentation
* Make necessary arrangements for employee benefits and health insurance as needed
Project Management Support (20%)
* Generate weekly status reports and send them to sponsors under in coordination with project leadership
* Write meeting minutes and disseminate the copies when needed
* Create and manage a repository for administrative and managerial data for the project
* Support the team with the creation of PowerPoint slides for presentations when needed
* Support the team for the management of the student work
* Keep track of progress in the project and document it
* Support the team to document employee performance records
Support the Project PI (20%)
* Provide administrative support for PI
* Complete the administrative and office tasks assigned by the PI or the co-PI
* Schedule meetings
* Reserve facilities (conference rooms, lab space etc.)
* Track upcoming deliverables and generate reminders
* Respond to emails and inquiries as instructed by PI
* Facilitate the completion and timely submission of effort reports
* Provide support in developing and submitting budget and schedule revision requests
* Provide support in develop project scope revisions
Special Instructions To Application:
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write 'see resume' on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date indicated.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: T10422
Organizational Unit Overview:
The College of Engineering and Technology is comprised of the departments of Computer Science, Construction Management, Engineering, and Technology Systems. Faculty and staff in the College provide high-quality graduate and undergraduate degree opportunities and research and service programs that enable students to achieve their career goals and that promote a strong, sustainable future for our region.