IT & AV Technician
The IT & AV Technician provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Instructional Computing areas on end-user computing hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and cloud services for Pikes Peak State College campuses.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR completed Associate’s degree with two years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position OR completed High School Diploma/GED with four years professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Experience with AV systems such as Crestron, Extron, AMX.
- Experience with Zoom, Webex, Teams videoconferencing system.
- CompTIA A+ or similar Computer Troubleshooting Certification.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management preferably MS Azure/Endpoint Manager.
- Advanced technical knowledge of MacOS and Apple MDM (Mosyle).
- Networking experience, preferably with Meraki switches.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
Salary range is $59,000.00 to $61,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on November 27, 2023.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment. All work must be performed in the State of Colorado.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Provides IT & AV technical leadership and support campus operations and services.
Respond to IT/AV support requests from faculty and staff as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, and referred tickets.
Create and update trouble tickets in the ticket tracking system.
Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
Perform Active Directory and MS Azure/Endpoint Management related functions.
Provide maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, and network.
Provide support to cloud, physical, virtual devices and services.
Provides escalated technical support to teammates, clients, and other ITSS teams.
Coordinates installations, troubleshooting, patching, fixes for A/V Services systems, devices, OS, software, peripherals, etc. for instructional and administrative A/V systems.
Configure and install computer equipment, AV systems, Voice over IP phones, peripherals and other devices as needed in support of the college’s mission.
Participate in project implementation and deployment efforts with team members, clients, and other IT groups.
Provide on-the-spot training to clients as needed.
Create and maintain documentation for projects and assignments as needed.
Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting.
Other duties as assigned.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Provides escalated technical support to teammates, clients, and other ITSS teams.
- Coordinates installations, troubleshooting, patching, fixes for IT and AV Services systems, devices, OS, software, peripherals, etc. for instructional and administrative computing.
- Assists all other ITSS teams in daily maintenance tasks.
- Answer, resolve and close support requests/work orders.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to be on rotated after-hour shift to respond to classroom emergencies.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.