Cash Office Supervisor - Turner Place
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant for the unit, the Cash Office Supervisor is responsible for the funds management (credit cards), training, and supervision of all cashiers in Turner Place at Lavery Hall, a fast paced collegiate dining facility that includes three national franchise concepts. Routinely performs various bookkeeping functions, data entry and other clerical work as needed such as typing, filing, copying, and answering phones. Oversees the management of the online catering platform, America To Go, and works with various departments on campus to process catering requests. Coordinates timely payment of invoices for catered events and/or services. Completes daily and weekly meal plan audits in accordance with dining and university policies. Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm and occasional evening and weekend work.
- Previous experience with funds management (credit cards) and proper funds handling practices.
- Previous bookkeeping experience, including reconciling revenue and preparing a variety of associated reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous experience supervising and training employees responsible for cash/credit card handling procedures in retail and/or food service operations
- Previous experience with multiple cash register tills, including verification and deposits.
- Previous experience with operating an electronic cash register, credit card machine and accurately processing transactions.
- Previous experience with inventory control, record keeping practices and procedures.
- Previous experience with computers including Microsoft Office Suite (or similar) in a business setting with demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and data entry skills as well as strong interpersonal communication skills with a diverse student and staff population.
- Previous experience performing clerical work such as typing, filing, copying, and answering phones.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a 10-key adding machine/calculator.
- Previous experience with funds handling (credit cards) and especially large credit card deposits.
- Experience with Hokie Passport, CSGold, and Micros reporting systems desired.
- Experience with processing franchise reports for branded operations desired.
- Experience working with a mobile ordering platform, cush as GrubHub.
- The ability to multitask easily and change priorities as business needs dictate.
November 27, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as a driving check with a safe driving record.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Jessica Powell at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
About Student Affairs:
Student Affairs at Virginia Tech fosters a community where each student creates a customized experience to meet their goals. Building on our motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice our Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth. We are actively seeking people to join our community and help us prepare leaders for the world. Our people in Student Affairs are committed to student well-being and assuring that all students Experience VT by demonstrating, supporting, and operationalizing our Aspirations for Student Learning. If you are someone dedicated to ensuring student success, then we want you to consider being a part of our team!