Assistant Professor, Engineering Technology
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering Technology in the College of Science and Mathematics seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position for the Engineering Technology program beginning August 1, 2024. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise (e.g., Industrial Engineering Technology and other areas related to engineering when is needed), maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The department is home to the newly-created B.S. Degree Program in Engineering Technology, which has a concentration in Industrial Engineering Technology. The department is also home to the Engineering Studies program which is a two-year transfer program that provides a pathway for students to transition to the four-year engineering degree programs at Georgia Institute of Technology or other engineering programs in Georgia. Further, the department offers B.S. in Computer Science which is an ABET accredited program. The department also offers B.S. in Computer Information Systems. For more information on the department visit https://www.valdosta.edu/cset/.
Online application is required. Review of completed applications will begin January 8, 2024, and continue until the position is filled. For more information contact Dr. Krishnendu Roy, Department Head, via phone 229-259-2041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching up to 12 credit hours per semester (Fall and Spring) in the candidate’s area of expertise (e.g., Industrial Engineering Technology and other areas related to engineering when is needed), maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
- Doctoral degree in the field of Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering or a closely-related field
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
- A record of mentoring students for undergraduate research
- Experience with ABET accreditation and program evaluation methods
- Experience with data-science or data-analytics is a plus as the college is actively exploring offering new programs in those areas
- Ability to deliver hands-on, experiential, and project-based teaching, and involving students in undergraduate research and capstone projects related to Engineering Technology is a plus
The College of Science and Mathematics (CoSM) is home to five departments – Air Force ROTC, Applied Math and Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences, and Computer Science and Engineering Technology. CoSM prepares students to for future careers in STEM and has a very successful track record of producing graduates who are ready for jobs in the industry or for advancing their education in graduate schools.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, is a comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 10,200. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.