Instructor/Program Manager for Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations Management
The Program Manager and Primary Instructor/Faculty Member for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations Management at the CSI Twin Falls Campus will play a pivotal role in guiding, coordinating, and educating students in a program dedicated to enhancing their skills in effective communication, critical thinking, and management knowledge, with a specific emphasis on operations management and related business areas. This role requires a steadfast commitment to academic excellence and the ability to mentor students towards success in the field.
1. Program Management:
- Develop and oversee the curriculum for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations Management program.
- Evaluate and enhance the program's effectiveness to ensure it remains aligned with industry standards and emerging trends.
- Collaborate with adjunct faculty members to maintain a cohesive and integrated curriculum.
- Engage in recruitment activities and provide guidance to students as they progress through the program.
2. Instruction and Facilitation:
- Serve as the primary instructor for a range of upper-division (junior and senior level) courses within the program, which includes but is not limited to Principles of Business Management, Business Law & Human Resources, Operations Project Management, and other courses as outlined in the program's curriculum.
- If required, teach additional Business Department/Entrepreneurship courses at the lower-division level.
- Create engaging and effective instructional materials and content to encourage active learning and student engagement.
- Facilitate classroom discussions, activities, and projects to nurture students' critical thinking, communication, and management skills.
3. Student Mentorship:
- Offer guidance and support to students in their academic and professional development.
- Foster an inclusive and positive learning environment, ensuring students are treated with respect and professionalism.
- Assist students in making informed decisions about their academic and career paths; a significant part of the program manager's role.
- A Master's degree is required
- Substantial professional experience in business management, operations management, or a closely related industry.
- Prior undergraduate-level teaching experience is preferred, along with expertise in curriculum development, assessment, and an understanding of applied degrees, coupled with the ability to establish effective connections with regional industry partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive and respectful learning environment.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software and tools relevant to operations management.
The Program Manager and Primary Instructor/Faculty Member for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations Management program will have an extraordinary opportunity to shape the education and future of students embarking on careers in operations management. If you are passionate about teaching, mentoring, and contributing to the growth of future industry leaders, we encourage you to apply.