Manager Benefits and Wellness
Johnson County Community College
Health and Medical Services
Johnson County Community College
Position, Department: Manager of Benefits and Wellness, Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-time Salaried, Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., 40 hours per week
Pay Range: $73,851-$92,314 and determined based on relevant years of work experience.
Opportunity for hybrid schedule: Yes
Benefits Category: Full-time Benefits
This position will be open until filled
Position Summary: The Benefits and Wellness Manager is responsible for the management, administration, design, review, day-to-day benefits administration, escalated customer support challenges and communication of JCCC's comprehensive employee benefit and wellness programs. Evaluates and supervises the subordinate benefits personnel. The position serves as a subject matter expert on current and pending Federal and state legislation, regulations, guidelines on employee benefits and serves in an advisory capacity to the college administration in matters of policy interpretation, regulatory changes, and technical benefit issues.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, finance, or other relevant field of study
Five years of experience with employee benefits for a large organization; strong software skills including Word, Excel, and HR Systems
One year of managerial experience
Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and work effectively in a diverse college environment
CBP or CEBS certification; strong functional expertise in benefits program design and administration; excellent analytical skills; strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interpret contractual language into easily understandable text.
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, and/or cover letter.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts day-to-day operations, analysis, design, and administration of the college's health and wellness plans; ensures compliance with the college's Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) plan participation; schedules, coordinates, and conducts benefit communications and oversees marketing regarding all benefit and wellness offerings; researches and brings to conclusion complex issues; oversees the scheduling, implementation, communication and completion of the annual benefit plan open enrollment process; ensures Federal and state mandated benefit requirements are appropriately documented, communicated, and administered; benefit, and wellness plan offerings are analyzed, designed and implemented to ensure they remain compliant and competitive.
- Oversees the performance of benefit vendors; reviews and pays the monthly benefit vendors' invoices and tuition reduction; prepares the annual benefit vendors' Purchase Order documentation; ascertains the proper timing to ensure that requests for proposal are appropriately issued for benefit vendor contracts.
- Maximizes benefit budget to ensure the investment adds value to the total compensation package; acts as primary contact for consultants and plan providers to ensure efficient administration of benefit plans; conducts financial analysis of employee benefits programs.
- Researches, maintains, and prepares the annual budget for the college's wellness organization and ensures required information for the formulation of the budget and subsequent preparation is documented and completed in a timely manner; ensures current budget variances are known, and explanations are reasonable; monitors high-cost claims, targets problem claim areas; ensures adequate estimates, forecasts, and calculations of expenditures in benefits for budget planning and tracking; works closely and collaboratively with budget in preparing employee benefits budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Collaborates professionally and effectively with internal and external contacts to include but not limited to third party administrators, employment, compensation, payroll, budget, and information services; works with Organizational Development and Engagement to create training for benefits and wellness.
- Schedules and conducts meetings for the JCCC Investment Committee; prepares and participates in monthly Board of Trustees' Employee Development and Engagement Committee meetings; serves as the KPERS Designated Agent; provides support, as necessary, to the International & Immigrant Student Services group related to insurance contract/renewal services; reviews and updates the JCCC Benefits website content and communication; serves on various committees responsible for studying issues and directing functions of the college's operations.
- Trains, monitors, mentors, and evaluates the performance of the benefits and wellness staff; ensures annual objectives are codified and reviewed, ensures customer service skills are prioritized, and staff participates in furthering their knowledge of benefits and wellness.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: JCCC provides equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals and is an affirmative action employer. JCCC does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, religion, marital status, parental status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered in its programs and activities, which includes employment and admissions, in accordance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, the Kansas Acts Against Discrimination and all other applicable civil rights and nondiscrimination laws.
Inquiries concerning JCCC's compliance with its nondiscrimination policies (including Title IX, Title VI and Section 504 inquiries) may be referred to a Title IX Coordinator (TitleIX@jccc.edu), or Director of Human Resources, or the Dean of Students and Learner Engagement at Johnson County Community College, 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210, 913-469-8500; or to Office for Civil Rights, Kansas City Office, U.S. Department of Education, One Petticoat Lane, 1010 Walnut Street, Suite 320, Kansas City, MO 64106, Telephone: 816-268-0550,Facsimile: 816-268-0559, Email to: OCR.KansasCity@ed.gov.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495574/manager-benefits-and-wellness