Director of Enrollment Services
Compensation: $65,914-$69,928 plus benefits including 100% paid employer paid premiums for employee medical, dental and vision premiums and 75% employer paid for dependent coverage, and participation in the Oregon PERS retirement system.
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is an inclusive environment where the unique contributions of our diverse students, employees, and the community are honored and valued. We expect all employees to foster a climate of belonging that supports all students and employees in achieving success.
The Director of Enrollment Systems will provide strong leadership and will work to foster a student-centered environment and a world-class service-oriented approach to operations. The Director is responsible for planning, managing, supervising, reporting, and advising on all activities related to the following areas: academic records, conferral of degrees, commencement ceremonies, transcript preparation and facilitation, course registration, student information systems, data procurement and storage, student data privacy, and related areas. The Director will serve as a member of the Student Services Leadership Team (L Team) and collaborate to ensure a transformational student experience, close equity gaps, and achieve institutional student success goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervision, Leadership, Policy & Planning:
- Direct the daily office operations of Enrollment Services; including supervising staff, overseeing projects, assisting students, and ensuring consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provide direction to meet and maintain accreditation standards.
- Serve as a member of the Student Services Leadership Team (L Team) in order to facilitate the delivery of effective, high-quality services to both internal and external customers, to provide a transformational student experience, close equity gaps, and achieve institutional student success goals
- Participate actively and collaboratively on committees as needed, monitor committee goals and progress, and maintain communication of committee work to internal colleagues and teams.
- Support campus-wide enrollment planning efforts in order to ensure that the college meets enrollment objectives as well as ensure accurate reporting of all enrollment transactions within the college.
- Work collaboratively to plan the academic catalog, update the quarterly schedule, ensure the class schedule and any important dates are accurately published on time.
- Regularly attend professional meetings both on-campus and off-campus; train others on new processes, requirements and other updates as needed.
- Work with faculty and staff to effectively communicate policies and procedures, and receive input on college initiatives and practices within the area.
Registrar, Admissions, Enrollment & Graduation:
- Develop and maintain guidelines and policy to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Serve as the Data Custodian for the Anthology Student SIS (Student Information System) platform.
- Create, interpret, and govern departmental policies related to admissions, registration, grading, transcript evaluation, degree audit, student record maintenance and retention.
- Review student petitions for policy exception, including late withdrawal requests, and general petitions not directly related to faculty activity (such as grades).
- Plan, develop, organize and direct efficient and effective Enrollment Services policies as it pertains to admission and registration including special admission (Nursing and Dental programs). Ensuring coordination with the instructional leads and division deans.
- Oversee and maintain the integrity of the student data and work jointly with IT Services and other pertinent partners on the adoption, implementation, and upgrading of systems and processes.
- Serve as the Chair of the Commencement Committee, responsible for planning and executing the annual commencement ceremony and all subsequent logistics related to student graduation.
- Provide supervisory oversight of the staff responsible for the generalist service desk, transcript credential evaluation, testing, and clerical services; including hiring, training, coordinating and supervising daily operations of the Student Services Suite.
- Creates and maintains a supportive, student-centered environment among the staff that is sensitive and responsive to all students. Promotes student-oriented and equitable service practices.
- Manages transfer articulation efforts, in coordination with Instructional Services colleagues, to include course-by-course articulation, articulation agreements, and any admissions or enrollment agreements with other institutions or organizations.
- Serves as a Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) Compliance Officer and provides training to faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Works to resolve daily operational problems, provides training, and establishes performance standards.
- Develops and executes university procedures and policies related to the certification of veterans' benefits.
- Organizes and implements special projects as needed.
- Serve as College Registrar and Records Officer to manage the evaluation and posting of accepted credits transferred and the evaluation of credits for credentials, and ensure compliance in the award of degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- Ensures the accuracy of transcript evaluation; performs evaluations and signs all transcripts;
- Run the appropriate jobs for reporting purposes, i.e., admissions, registration, grading, and transcription.
- Ensures compliance with admission and student information, regulations and laws concerning enrollment verification and release of student information. Oversees and ensures confidentiality of student records and college information, and ensures compliance with the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Responsible for National Student Clearinghouse, Military Tuition programs, D4A, IPEDS, and others for reporting enrollment, grade, and degree verifications.
- Implement and supervise processes to ensure completion and recording of all final grades by quarter. Notify faculty and staff when grades are due and how to submit them. Ensure entry of grade data into student transcripts. Coordinate with faculty to resolve any related problems. Notify proper leadership personnel if an instructor misses a grade deadline. Maintain and monitor any internal grading changes.
- Manage the maintenance, updates, security, transcription, and disposal of student records to comply with federal and state requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in a student services, education, business or other related field. An Associate’s degree and an additional two years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of previous experience in admissions and records processes in a higher education setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Experience promoting equity-minded and diversely represented communications and materials, experience in responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and employees as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Present a positive image of the College in the broader community.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of communication strategy and action.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. If you are passionate about creating a positive and engaging environment for the college community, we encourage you to submit your application for consideration, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications for this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Open until filled. An initial review of applications begins the week of December 4, 2023.
Starting salary is based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Please include a resume and letter of interest with your application materials